Stage I...no II ...maybe 45?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach I
351c 2v
highly optioned

67 Mustang Convertible
1 of 35 Diamond Blue
Survivor
So I finished the sound deaden material in the doors and quarters. Once I rewire the new power window switches in, the next step is put in the panels so the upholstery shop can do the custom stuff.

I looked for a thread but our search bar takes you to Google so I didnt want to wade through all that.

I have the fold down seat option. Are the quarter trim panels different than standard seat panels? I have to buy both, dont want to buy something that isnt going to work.

I just popped in because I was wondering what the heck you were on about with that thread title.

I have a fixed rear seat. Do you really want me making a guess?

The panels on the very back of my fold down seat car 90* over at the corners and go right to the edge of the trap door. They definately have to come from a fold down car if that is what you are asking. The panels at the lower rear seat can be from a coupe or a fastback as far as I know, they look identical to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
no problem guys I took care of it. Mike 73, the 71 is unique in that some parts "may" be related to 72 but not 73. To your point the panels that you speak of are 2 piece and the rear section IS definitely different and continues from the front panel to the back wrapping around and end at the trap door.

If anyone is interested, I have a rear seat for sale now too.....but for a "standard" seat for a non-fold down seat.

no problem guys I took care of it. Mike 73, the 71 is unique in that some parts "may" be related to 72 but not 73. To your point the panels that you speak of are 2 piece and the rear section IS definitely different and continues from the front panel to the back wrapping around and end at the trap door.

If anyone is interested, I have a rear seat for sale now too.....but for a "standard" seat for a non-fold down seat.
Glad to hear you got the car fully done in sound deadener, and also you sorted out the panel problem. You must really love this car with its one year only parts (know exactly what you're going through) but at least you're getting it there. Just think the headaches are getting less and less. Just makes me so glad I didn't buy a sports roof, as the convertibles are enough of a pain for me.

Yeah I was on a road trip today picking up the panels. They were better than I expected and the price was great. Oh and the sound deaden material I've still got to prep the floors and rear fold down seat floor. the hard part is done and i covered 95% of it. Should be nice and quiet. I took a neighbors girlfriend for a ride...and to get gas (it always wants gas) noticed the car was indeed different. Hopefully this weekend all the remaining will be complete with the new or recently purchased panels in place. Then I'll take out the original power window stuff and replace it with the retro fit and off to the interior shop she goes.

SEVENTY THREE views and a forum full of experts ...NOT one answer. I should get a award thingy for being the only one that can trip up the forum with 71-3 knowledge.
Well on someone else rear seat thread - you asked the question and I answered it :p

RE: fastback interior quarter panels

(04-20-2015 05:22 PM)rpmcarter Wrote: Rather than create another thread... I have a question. After several attempts to locate interior quarter trim panels and waiting and waiting for responses. I've located 2 sets, both for a fastback. SO the big question, is there a difference between fold down seat quarter trims and standard seats? Question 2 what makes the DIFFERENCE?

The panels under the 1/4 window are the same - fold down or non

They are different as after 1 /72 they have a hole for the retractable seat belt

SEVENTY THREE views and a forum full of experts ...NOT one answer. I should get a award thingy for being the only one that can trip up the forum with 71-3 knowledge.
Well on someone else rear seat thread - you asked the question and I answered it :p

RE: fastback interior quarter panels

(04-20-2015 05:22 PM)rpmcarter Wrote: Rather than create another thread... I have a question. After several attempts to locate interior quarter trim panels and waiting and waiting for responses. I've located 2 sets, both for a fastback. SO the big question, is there a difference between fold down seat quarter trims and standard seats? Question 2 what makes the DIFFERENCE?

The panels under the 1/4 window are the same - fold down or non

They are different as after 1 /72 they have a hole for the retractable seat belt
yeah I already figured that out. I had a "request out" to a couple of folks, and they have the parts...just didnt bother to respond. On one hand its unprofessional on the other hand I guess WAITING 5 months saved me 125.00 to 150.00. the guy that I bought them from was HONEST and a very nice fellow. He has a VERY clean 73 sport roof for sale that I'll post on classifieds. In FACT its' so nice I would redo the engine and drive that baby like she is for awhile.

"Just didn't bother to respond."

Hmmm... I decree: "Death by Mumbo." :banana: ::chili:: :banana: ::chili:: :banana: ::chili:: :banana: ::chili:: :banana: ::chili:: :banana: ::chili:: :banana: ::chili:: :banana: ::chili:: :banana: ::chili:: :banana: ::chili:: :banana: ::chili:: :banana: ::chili:: :banana: ::chili::

Is that the same as death by Bunta????
OMBR4m.jpg

Back