Started the engine swap

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exhaust shop today. Nothing to see here. Just a 49 y/o truck towing a 42 y/o car. Car got a LOT quieter with the hook-ups done. No video clip today. Got late by the time I got home and I had to clean the garage out since it's been a few months since this project started. Will try for tomorrow or Monday.

IMG_2932_zps6drkex3u.jpg

IMG_2933_zpszm5fecza.jpg

IMG_2934_zpsnwzfyytd.jpg

IMG_2938_zpsko2dpibl.jpg

No time on the Mach 1 today other than I mounted the hood when a few friends came over to have a look/see at the new engine and how it sounds. Was working on a different project car today for a customer.

I still need to align the hood, figure out what I'm gong to do for an air cleaner, and replace the heater core when it gets here. Then I can start tuning the carb a bit more, set the valve lash hot and see how it's doing. Need to put some miles on it to break it in as it only has approx 30 minutes of run time and 20 of that being cam break-in.

[video=youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you get a custom exhaust installed? What mufflers?

Also, what size tires and rims are those? Look awesome.

1971 M-code Mach 1
I already had a 2 1/5" custom exhaust with some Borla mufflers and custom made stainless stock looking exhaust tips. When I installed the new engine all I needed was for the shop to adapt the new header reducers to the rest of the exhaust. The new headers were a big shorter and tighter to the body than the previous Hooker Super Comps. More ground clearance is always better even though it was never really a problem before.

The wheels are custom 15x10 Magnum 500's with 6 1/2" of backspacing running some 295/50/15 BFG's.

Back