sucker bet

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach1
Hello everyone,

Just thought I would share with you all about my weekend at a fairly large carshow. I owning a 71 Mach 1 and my buddy owning a 71 camaro. We made a bet the morning of the carshow as I was driving down the road to the show 70 miles away. The bet was he thought there would be more of my body style car there than his (1971-1973 Mach1 VS 1970-1973 Camaro). I laughed knowing I would win and said your on. I told him in Vegas this would be referred to as the sucker bet.

Okay so the show started at 9 am. We waited till 1:30 to make our rounds and count cars. Well needless to say I was the only Mach 1 at the show Saturday and I won. 8 to 1 and I even let him have a 1970 Mach 1, just so it was not a complete shut out. I really enjoyed the free dinner he had to buy!!! I found it a little weird that there was not more of the 1971-1973 body styles at the show Saturday. The only other one was a convertible, but no Mach 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Great bet...For sure a suckers bet..lol......only one year of mustang i would say is a bit more rare at shows than our years...Mustang ii's...lol
No doubt. THere were more made but less kept.

Hey, did you get a picture of the convertible?

Latest posts

Back