super crappy (PROJECT) boss 351 on ebay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a wild thought here - the price the guy is asking for that car in that condition is high; but if you happened to already have a good body shell that wasn't rusted, and you wanted to put the time & effort into turning that body shell into a finished Boss351 with a Boss VIN, you'd probably come out ahead, $-wise.

Just a wild thought here - the price the guy is asking for that car in that condition is high; but if you happened to already have a good body shell that wasn't rusted, and you wanted to put the time & effort into turning that body shell into a finished Boss351 with a Boss VIN, you'd probably come out ahead, $-wise.
If, by cutting off the good parts and transferring them to the Boss body, then maybe that's a possibility.

* My car - Not forgotten about the build sheet, will get the youngster to do what's nessasary.
:cool: ::beer::

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realize the boss's were 'sports roof' and not 'mach 1'. Learn something new.

The only person who would pay that is someone who wants to recreate an original boss and have the vin to prove it. Not my cup of tea.

Surviour? I don't think so.. I would vote it off the island.
Mach 1's where sports roof. sports roof is the body style mach1 or boss is the engines ,trim and such.
I thought sport roof and mach 1 each had different body codes

I didn't realize the boss's were 'sports roof' and not 'mach 1'. Learn something new.

The only person who would pay that is someone who wants to recreate an original boss and have the vin to prove it. Not my cup of tea.

Surviour? I don't think so.. I would vote it off the island.
Mach 1's where sports roof. sports roof is the body style mach1 or boss is the engines ,trim and such.
I thought sport roof and mach 1 each had different body codes
Yes, you are correct in that the Mach 1 has a different "Body Code" than a "regular" sports roof (Fast Back). I think the disconnect is the fact that "Sports Roof" and "Fast Backs" are used interchangeably and when we talk about Coupes, Fast Back (Sports Roof) and Convertibles we are talking about "Body Styles" and not "Body Codes."

As mentioned and/or inferred above, a Mach 1, while it has a distinctive "Body Code", it is considered a "Fast Back" (Sports Roof).

By the same token a Grande has a distinctive Body Code, it is considered a Coupe as it relates to Body Styles.

Then again there are some models (like the T-5) that were available in Hard Top, Fast Back and Convertible styles.

Hope this helps.

BT

Judging by the prices they want they might all be boss's;)

Come to think of it, all 71-73 Mustang fastbacks are Mach 1's. Just ask any random joe from your community, they'll tell you!

/sarcasm
hahaha so true. I always get that with my fastback "Nice mach1" just got tired of replying. The only time I will is if it's a real car guy or gall. Apart from that they just look at you with a blank stare :-/ hahaha so I just say thank's

Last edited by a moderator:
Come to think of it, all 71-73 Mustang fastbacks are Mach 1's. Just ask any random joe from your community, they'll tell you!

/sarcasm
hahaha so true. I always get that with my fastback "Nice mach1" just got tired of replying. The only time I will is if it's a real car guy or gall. Apart from that they just look at you with a blank stare :-/ hahaha so I just say thank's
lol yeah me too!

if i were in the US now, i'd drive over to the seller and make him an offer. i would tell the guy that his 18500 dollars is way too much. i bought my boss 2 years ago and it did cost a lot more and it was worth every euro!! i fired up the engine yesterday and those solid lifters are music in my ears!!!!

the boss on ebay is a little rough on the edges but worth saving.

just my thoughts from overseas

abudi

Back