swaping a 428 into my 1973 fastback

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Must73

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang fastback. Converting to 428
I am going to swap a 428 into my 73 fastback. Has anyone out there done this and do you have any helpful hints for me? Wondering if the is an engine mount out there for it or am I going to have to fab one up.

I am going to swap a 428 into my 73 fastback. Has anyone out there done this and do you have any helpful hints for me? Wondering if the is an engine mount out there for it or am I going to have to fab one up.
Yes this is a easy swap., if you can find a 1968-69 fairlane or torino with a 390-428 only . The factory fairlane frame mounts will bolt in with no changes.

Yes this is a easy swap., if you can find a 1968-69 fairlane or torino with a 390-428 only . The factory fairlane frame mounts will bolt in with no changes.
Thank you for the info. I'll see if I can't find some.

Thank you for the info. I'll see if I can't find some.
PM Cobra3073. He has done it.

I'm curious why you're considering a 428 instead of a 429 or a 460?
I just happened to have a 428 from an old T-Bird I had. Stroked it out to a 462 with all the bells and whistles.

Back