Test Your Mustang Knowledge

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLE PONY

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
I need to hit the books too!

Does this sentence...from the preamble to the test make sense to anyone??

"Can you believe the Ford Mustang is turning 50? That’s right – it hasn’t missed a year of production in a centennial!" :huh:

Trust me--English ain't my strong point but that ain't right ---Is it?

T2

Last edited by a moderator:
Just think of why they killed the big v8. Couldn't afford to gas them up. Looking back from today @ $3+ a gallon makes you wonder how much longer we have burning dead dinosaurs. Oh well, we can all make stills in our backyards and burn moonshine in the future.

Just think of why they killed the big v8. Couldn't afford to gas them up. Looking back from today @ $3+ a gallon makes you wonder how much longer we have burning dead dinosaurs. Oh well, we can all make stills in our backyards and burn moonshine in the future.
Don't know how much would actually make it into the car.....

::beer::

I got a 90% I got one question wrong "Q.8 Why was there no V-8 in the first Mustang II?"

Not too bad I think
I got 90% ..Missed the fox body gt convert question...I dont follow those as much either.....But the mustang 2 one was easy for me...I own a 1974 mach 1 with a v6...lol

I got 80% because I didn't know that the 9 millionth Mustang produced was a GT-convertible, nor did I know that they didn't produce GT for 12 years (vice 15) prior to 1982.

Hmmm... not questions about '71-'73 Mustangs... so why would I care again? rofl

Typical. No '71-'73 Love in the quiz. Lots of Fox body and Mustang II stuff though, which is odd in and of itself. Conspiracy... I smell it. :p

I got 100% HAHA. it was pretty short I was hoping for something a little more in depth.

I disagree with the question on when did the first Mustang II went on sale!

It was a '74 model but went on sale in '73!!!!!!!!!!
I had the same thought as they really came out in 73, I started to pick 73, but went with 74 for the win.

I scored a 90% but I want to protest the question I missed which was:

Q.7 When did the Mustang II go on sale?

I picked 1973 because even though I knew it was a '74 model you can get cars the prior year. So Ford made them in Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec 1973 but didn't sell them until Jan. 1, 1974? I don't think so. lol

In their search for obscure mustang facts I'm more excited that there wasn't a 71-73 question at all along with no general questions about the popular 65-70 mustangs, well there was a '65 Shelby question but Shelby was a very specific type of Mustang and I'm sure they had to put the number "65" in the quiz somewhere due to sucking up to one or more of the head honchos owning a '65 model. They obviously felt that our cars were more mainstream than all cars since '73. Think about it. Three questions for Mustang IIs, one for the Shelby, two for fox body, one for SN-95, two for S-197, one general question that spanned multiple platforms but zero questions for 65-73. They had five decades to choose from but skipped the most popular cars. :D

Back