THE Bullitt Mustang for sale at Mecum. Opening bid 3,500.00!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Bullitt Mustang in real life.
Here's a few.
EDIT: These are my pictures taken on my camera. If anybody wishes to download them, feel free.
EDIT #2: Found a couple more pics, from the old to the new.

Attachments

• IMG_0605.JPG
    IMG_0605.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0606 (2).JPG
    IMG_0606 (2).JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0607.JPG
    IMG_0607.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0608.JPG
    IMG_0608.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0609.JPG
    IMG_0609.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0610.JPG
    IMG_0610.JPG
  • IMG_0612.JPG
    IMG_0612.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0613.JPG
    IMG_0613.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0614.JPG
    IMG_0614.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0615.JPG
    IMG_0615.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0616.JPG
    IMG_0616.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0617.JPG
    IMG_0617.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0618.JPG
    IMG_0618.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0619.JPG
    IMG_0619.JPG
Last edited:
I’m showing my ignorance here, but are those three ties between the frame rails and the rockers a common modification?
Camera mounts is what I was told.
This wasn't the stunt car that did the jumps, but the one for closeups etc. I believe there were three cars used for different purposes during the filming. I could be wrong on the number of cars, but I'm sure good ol' Google could tell you.

Thats correct Geoff. Great show. And the announcement on Little Red Shelby with Craig Jackson.
Indeed. Were you there?
Well, I guess you must have been! Duh!
I have a 7 min video I took of that sad looking Mustang.

Last edited:
The Bullitt Mustang in real life.
Here's a few.
EDIT: These are my pictures taken on my camera. If anybody wishes to download them, feel free.
If you look at your first picture, you will see my Good Humor Truck in the background. My wife and I sell ice cream in the summer time.

If you look at your first picture, you will see my Good Humor Truck in the background. My wife and I sell ice cream in the summer time.
Ah, so we were that close eh!
I hope next year won't be a wash out like this year was. I'd love to go again.
Sorry we're getting a little off track now, so back to the program.

Anyone know who has the car now? I was at that Dearborn All Ford show at Ford headquarters and saw what you did also…there was also the first 1964 1/2 (light blue mustang) ever built…I was going to add pictures also, but probably deleted them…the Marti family was there also selling their services…

Anyone know who has the car now? I was at that Dearborn All Ford show at Ford headquarters and saw what you did also…there was also the first 1964 1/2 (light blue mustang) ever built…I was going to add pictures also, but probably deleted them…the Marti family was there also selling their services…
You're right. The first one sold was there, but that wasn't the first one off the line if I remember. I may have that picture in my files. That was a great day at the show.
EDIT: Here is the "first" mustang sold and the 10,000,000th

Attachments

• IMG_0549.JPG
    IMG_0549.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Good memory! Yes Kissimmee, FL 2020.
Yes, but to be honest, when this was posted the other day and the fact that there was a Mecum auction last week, I thought the car had be re-sold. Shoulda looked more closely. Oh well...............

For me the best part of this car is it is untouched since filming. Even though most original cars don't have this pedigree, it is such a shame when originality and patina are erased. The other one found in a junkyard is getting or has been restored against many professionals' advice. Our cars don't have to look perfect, just perfect mechanicals and minimal upkeep for preservation and enjoyment. I consider an original car with its flaws better condition than a restored car. The original gone in 60 second car still gets to tell its story with its dents.

Last edited:
Yes, but to be honest, when this was posted the other day and the fact that there was a Mecum auction last week, I thought the car had be re-sold. Shoulda looked more closely. Oh well...............
I watched the rerun the other night and bid on it again just for the heck of it! I still got outbid.... :cool:

Back