The real hot wheels mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That DOES look cool! And it looks like a fairly recent picture too, based on the modern wheels and clarity.

I love the "one window" opening as well. Seeing mine like that right now (with the fixed quarter windows removed) makes me want to get the roll-up window kit now.

That DOES look cool! And it looks like a fairly recent picture too, based on the modern wheels and clarity.

I love the "one window" opening as well. Seeing mine like that right now (with the fixed quarter windows removed) makes me want to get the roll-up window kit now.
The one window look.. is great!! i got to say thats the best looking hot wheels car i seen..lol

Hmmm. A rear roll-up rear window kit, you say. And who might make such a kit? This would make a great gift for my better half (as long as she doesn't read this post).:cool:

Well, maybe not a 'kit' as much as a collection of parts needed to make it happen. I think it involves using the regulator mechanisms from a coupe and the glass from the power window-equipped Fastbacks - or something like that. I remember there being a couple of threads on the forums that explain how to do it. When I get a little further down the road, I'll be thinking really hard about doing it (72HCode mentioned something about it being a cool mod, but just adding another opportunity for leakage... which is great advice as well).

You should talk to Don @ OMS - I believe he's mentioned having the parts required for that modification a few times.

Wow...years since i saw that car last:D

hrdp_0809_05_z+vintage_funny_car_racing+hot_wheels_dragster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
it was cool to see that pic taken at my hometown drag strip. We would go to Beech Bend and "Union Hill" ... I think Union Hill changed their name due to some civil rights thing to Music City Raceway.

Get the kit from Don @ OMS. I bought mine from him, all used OEM parts, complete kit, and good price. And use Flatback72's wiki to install it.

Don should change his company's name to "Don@OMS", that's what he's always referred to anyway!

Back