The road so far.....

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure... here's an image of black with all decals including sills.   --- it does make it look fast even when stood still.  Because the silver is such a contrast to the base colour - it does look a bit fussy. 

The clean look is appealing though

I'm not sure... here's an image of black with all decals including sills.   --- it does make it look fast even when stood still.  Because the silver is such a contrast to the base colour - it does look a bit fussy. 

The clean look is appealing though

I agree, the stripes add a lot of flair, and I do like them - As I said, I did debate the decision a lot, I had actually purchased the stripe  kit. When it came time to apply the decal set, I started debating the look I wanted on the car.

The look with no stripes just grew on me, and it was actually pics of Mister 4X4s car(which is the opposite color scheme from mine) swayed me to the clean look. It just appealed more to me in the long run.

On a yellow, white or light blue, I like the stripes. With dark colours, the body drawing itself with reflections. Much cleaner and less bloated to the eye for my taste without.

Your car looks really fantastic!

Your car rocks! Kudos for putting a fine example of 60s/70s American Muscle back on the road. I say, "don't drive it like you stole it....drive it like you love it".

Thanks for that - And I agree with you. It gets driven a lot. It has become my favorite of my 2 cars.

71coop, what a beautiful car!! But I only have one complaint. PLEASE!! lets see more of it!!
Rio1856, I have a couple winter projects planned, I will document them here on the forum with as many pictures as I can.

The car looks really good!  A question.  What are size tires and rims and do you have air shocks on the back?  The stance is exactly what I'm looking for on my '72 MACH 1 fastback.

The car looks really good!  A question.  What are size tires and rims and do you have air shocks on the back?  The stance is exactly what I'm looking for on my '72 MACH 1 fastback.

Argent lower paint treatment, then it is done, very classy look, love the wheels, 1973 like. Bitchin cleveland power, I love the hydr roller conversion, now more flat cam lobes. Cleveland rocks!!.

Seriously, always wanted to go black /argent, way better with no hockey stripes, perfect look :thumb:

B229218

I debated going closer to the factory paint scheme, including lower body paint and the spoiler, but opted to keep it simple. I'm pretty happy with the look, but appreciate the thought. I really like the period-correct restos out there, but for both my cars, I like to make subtle departures from the factory look. 

I

Back