Tilt wheel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, 71-73 Cougar tilt columns are the same as Mustangs year for year. The 71 version used a removal access plate near the turn signal lever, 72 and 73 did not. Wiring harnesses may have also evolved from 71, 72, 73. But any will fit a Mustang.

Yes, 71-73 Cougar tilt columns are the same as Mustangs year for year. The 71 version used a removal access plate near the turn signal lever, 72 and 73 did not. Wiring harnesses may have also evolved from 71, 72, 73. But any will fit a Mustang.
That removable access plate is exactly what I need for my 71 vert. Anybody have one?

I am upgrading my 71 mach1 to a tilt wheel and need some info on compatibility. Do any of the cougars steering columns fit.
The '73 column uses a larger plug. It also has 2 wires with larger pins. It will require proper splicing of those two wires utilizing your original pins. Been there done that. I have several tilt columns.

So I should sell mine for a grand ? 🤔
That’s what I did on my ‘71 Mach. Found a tilt column out of a ‘71 Cougar at West Coast Cougars. I think mine was $900.
But it wasn’t a “plug ‘n play” swap. We had to do some rewiring.
On the end, I’m glad we made the investment in it, sure makes life easier getting in and out!

That’s what I did on my ‘71 Mach. Found a tilt column out of a ‘71 Cougar at West Coast Cougars. I think mine was $900.
But it wasn’t a “plug ‘n play” swap. We had to do some rewiring.
On the end, I’m glad we made the investment in it, sure makes life easier getting in and out!
Sold mine to a member here for $600

That access plate is exactly what I need! Preferably in medium ginger but I can't be choosy can I. Has anyone out there have one they can ship to Canada 🍁 or is there any in Canada to ship to the Yukon??

Back