Time for Winter Slumber

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are being funny of course......... aren't you? I mean you get cold weather in Texas.
For me, I simply fill the gas tank and add the correct quantity of SeaFoam which is an excellent stabilizer, Over inflate the tires slightly hopefully to help prevent flat spotting. Check the coolant for anti-freeze, run the motor and fog it with storage spray and disconnect the battery ground cable, throw a micro-fiber blanket over it (car that is) and then a cheapo car cover. Done till spring. I do occasionally trickle charge the battery, just to keep it fresh.
On start up in spring, I pour some gas down the carb vent tube so the motor has something to drink until the pump gets gas back tot he carb.
Yes, we get cold weather. I use the heater on those days. 🤪

And, you're correct; I was poking fun at you Northern Tier Mustang fans.

At least in the winter months I get to use those LED headlights protected with @Stanglover 's headlight shields!

Yes, we get cold weather. I use the heater on those days. 🤪

And, you're correct; I was poking fun at you Northern Tier Mustang fans.

At least in the winter months I get to use those LED headlights protected with @Stanglover 's headlight shields!
Thank you and yes the shields are still available.

I'm opposite of both of you. Here in Arizona, it just now getting nice to have your car out. We hopefully just had our last 100+* day earlier this week.
I've been watching the weather more often in AZ since my niece is on the ASU girls volleyball team. After she moved to her dorm she was bummed that her bike was stolen. I thought, who the heck is riding a bike when it's 112 outside?? heh

84 degrees here , t-tops off in the Trans Am. Going to Nashville cars and coffee 11-4 , not my car in pic but it will look like that when it gets the graphics on hopefully next week
Love those as well- I was a Pontiac guy for many years. The 301 Turbo is a bit under-powered for that weight (3.08 rear didn't help), but visually it is a great car and the handling is quite good. Had a '79 TA WS6 with the 400 Pontiac / 4 speed combo back in '83 which had some punch to it.

Love those as well- I was a Pontiac guy for many years. The 301 Turbo is a bit under-powered for that weight (3.08 rear didn't help), but visually it is a great car and the handling is quite good. Had a '79 TA WS6 with the 400 Pontiac / 4 speed combo back in '83 which had some punch to it.
It has decent power for what it is, fun car to drive

We have property 15 miles NE of Sandpoint where we spend summers. Winters as well when we lived in Calgary to warm up. Whereabouts are you?

Well…..in the Houston area, we get about 2 weeks of winter….about one or two day increments here and there starting in mid or late December and then thru the beginning of February. So there really is no hibernation needed. Global warming has been present here since I can remember. That means year round fun!

Minnesota snow time. Unfortunately I had to limp the trans am to storage with a broken 4 speed, had to try real hard not to spin the tires, at least until I rebuild it. Means I got more time to get this 71 mach 1 on the road, so I got that going for me.

We have property 15 miles NE of Sandpoint where we spend summers. Winters as well when we lived in Calgary to warm up. Whereabouts are you?

EdM-

I would guess I am pretty close to you...just north on the other side of the Cabinet mountains, off RT 2 just east of the Moyie bridge. Are you out in the Selle Valley?

Here in Boise, Idaho, it's just starting this week to get into freezing temps overnight. The Mach 1 is good outside for a spell. As soon as they say snow in the forecast, I get to put it in the garage. I fire it up once or twice a month when garaged in winter, and let it run for at least 30 minutes each time. On another note, after reading the post here on the boards about changing old tires, I looked at mine. Tread is good, but they are 5 years old and fronts have some cracking in the tread. I ordered 4 new Radial TAs, and they get put on tomorrow.

Back