Tires

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some car shows have too much goofing around for my taste. If I was going to pay someone 6-figures to work on my car, I'd send it to a place that is a bit more serious. in terms of car show shops, maybe Fantomworks

some car shows have too much goofing around for my taste.  If I was going to pay someone 6-figures to work on my car, I'd send it to a place that is a bit more serious.  in terms of car show shops, maybe Fantomworks
I would never use Fantomworks either. He does what he wants not what the customer wants. A local guy here had them do a rare Jeep delivery van. He just sprayed bed liner on anything he did not want to do right. 

There is one guy here that does the best I have ever seen and always booked up one customer has done 3 cars and starting on 4th. all were six figures. This one probably not it is in great shape a 65 mustang coupe no rust.

I'm not saying that Fantomworks is the best, just considering how I feel about the shops based on their TV shows....

its extremely difficult to find a high quality shop that you can trust to do things right, and charge you fairly. its usually trial and error. but when you find the right shop, maintaining a good relationship with them is really important

Hello,

I will have the following 3 tires for sale next week.

BF Goodrich Radial TA's, raised white letters, good cosmetic appearance, no scuffs, letters still look good. These tires will be 7 years old next January. I have one P225/60R15 100 S M+ S

I have two P245/60R15 100 S M+S

There does not appear to be any dry rot or cracking on the exterior of these tires and the tread is in great shape, 10/32's, new ones area at 11/32's. They have app. 3,000 to 5,000 miles on them. No flat spots. They are currently on my 73 convertible which is driven gently and always garaged. The one tire that I am not selling is bad so I am replacing all the tires. I should have these off of the car next week and I can look at the inside of each and see how they look. I am located in Ashburn, VA. If interested please make me an offer. Thanks

Steve

some car shows have too much goofing around for my taste.  If I was going to pay someone 6-figures to work on my car, I'd send it to a place that is a bit more serious.  in terms of car show shops, maybe Fantomworks
I would never use Fantomworks either. He does what he wants not what the customer wants. A local guy here had them do a rare Jeep delivery van. He just sprayed bed liner on anything he did not want to do right. 

There is one guy here that does the best I have ever seen and always booked up one customer has done 3 cars and starting on 4th. all were six figures. This one probably not it is in great shape a 65 mustang coupe no rust.
I do enjoy watching Fantomworks, even though they are no longer making any new episodes.  But you're right, customers are spending a boatload of cash and in a number of cases the shop is deciding what to do and then they show the customer when he arrives to see the progress.  I also think a lot of that is trying to create fake drama to make the show more interesting.  Some of the problems they encounter and then act like they are shocked are ridiculous.  Car guys watching the show can spot this immediately.  Graveyard Cars, the Mopar show, also does this fake drama thing.  I must say that Restoration Garage / The Guild might be the most level-headed of the car shows.  But that's because they are Canadian.  lol  They repair the vehicles with no drama and do a good job illustrating what is going on.

the owner of the Guild irritates me....I think the best car building show is Full Custom Garage.
Should not stop one from using their services. TV fame goes to these guy’s heads, just fluff.... At the end of the day, it comes down to grass roots guy’s in the shop. Do they know their stuff or not... They are in my neck of the woods, have been around a long time and their work is well respected... I would use them over Legendary Motor Car who is also local and the owner also has a TV show. He started out in his garage as the Shelby Shop and grew his business. Our car’s are a non factor to his business... Structly higher end car’s these day’s.

I like Ian Roussel, too. He repurposes a lot of things, very innovative. I'm not sure I agree with everything he does, like a lot of overlaps when welding panels, or the way he lowers roof lines by sinking the windshield into the cowl, but they are show cars, not daily drivers. He does believe in making his builds strong and safe.

I also like Fantomworks. If I had the budget and wanted someone to work on my car, and lived on the east coast, I would certainly consider using them. I agree with Dan, safety first, brakes, steering, suspension, fuel system, etc. taken care of first, then work on appearance.

I like Ian Roussel, too. He repurposes a lot of things, very innovative. I'm not sure I agree with everything he does, like a lot of overlaps when welding panels, or the way he lowers roof lines by sinking the windshield into the cowl, but they are show cars, not daily drivers. He does believe in making his builds strong and safe.

I also like Fantomworks. If I had the budget and wanted someone to work on my car, and lived on the east coast, I would certainly consider using them. I agree with Dan, safety first, brakes, steering, suspension, fuel system, etc. taken care of first, then work on appearance.

FYI,

The tires are off of the car and look great on the inside. No dry rot at all.  If anyone is interested please let me know.

Back