Totalled's rebuild thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, it felt worse running on the jack stands last night, but feels better on the road... It's still there, but reduced.

Gonna run it till I get the core engine apart and see if it's a good candidate to build.

Hello from the UK,

Totalled, I've just read all 29 pages and your build is awesome, sorry to hear that you still have balancing issues after all the hard work.

Looks amazing, sounds awesome.

I've just taken on a long term project '73 that will take at least 5 years as most of the body needs replacing! mine is worse than the '72 that Q has videos of on you tube! but I like a challenge and hope mine will look half as good as yours when done. keep smiling and chin up mate, you'll sort it.

Rich, UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Success! Pulled the bottom leaf out of the rear springs. It seems the reduced drive shaft angle fixed the drive shaft vibration. The vibration from the engine revving is still there though. I like the way it sits now, the rear end was too high. It rides better, is more balanced, and actually transfers weight and hooks up better now.

0912151412_zpsycikpx7m.jpg

0912151412a_zpsv7nhvyo2.jpg

0912151412b_zps5efcvfu8.jpg

Looking good Pat! I've been really busy with work and a weekend bay cabin we recently bought, so haven't had much time for the Mach. Drove it for the first time in weeks yesterday. At the moment I'm not even sure I'll be in town for our annual car show but will try and be there.

Back