Totalled's rebuild thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still have a sinus infection. I think I am at the tail end of it though...

Got the grille in:

IMG_0995_zpsxfwafmsm.jpg

IMG_0996_zpsjkxu7fze.jpg

Also got the spacers in.

IMG_0993_zpsfi2ovuve.jpg

IMG_0994_zpsz4aky7uh.jpg

I can has sway bar! Third bar finally fit. Got the car aligned today.

IMG_1009_zps0nidmhnu.jpg

Then took it out for a shake down and beat on it.

Then driveway posed.

IMG_1013_zpsovf6f0ua.jpg

IMG_1012_zpsrtwd0cma.jpg

IMG_1014_zps5dc4krgd.jpg

Small things left... rocker moldings, put the interior together, mount puke tank..

Very well detailed engine compartment. The valve covers really add some sparkle.

Still trying to figure out what the thrumming vibration that increases with engine RPM is... Decided to try swapping back to the stock flex plate today.. PS, pulling the trans with an x-pipe exhaust is a pain in the ass.

IMG_1080_zpsfngpew0g.jpg

IMG_1078_zps6wiqzkgh.jpg

When comparing the two, I noticed the weight is slightly different, and in a slightly differently clocked position on the TCI plate vs the stock one. Guess we'll see if it makes a difference.

IMG_1081_zpsbqt8wvhe.jpg

When comparing the two, I noticed the weight is slightly different, and in a slightly differently clocked position on the TCI plate vs the stock one. Guess we'll see if it makes a difference.

IMG_1081_zpsbqt8wvhe.jpg
That's what the vibration is, definitely! Looks like you got the late model 50 oz. balance flex plate when you should have the early model 28 oz. balance plate.

Back