Trap Door Bumper

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZIPNZ

Reaction score
My Car
In the market
Hi all, can anyone tell me where the Trap Door Bumpers are located for a car with fold down rear seat? Thanks, Paul

https://www.cjponyparts.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/h/w/hw608_1.690.jpg[/img]

They are inserted onto a "butterfly" shape, in between the 4 L embosses on the floor pan.

Here's a pict of what I call a butterfly.

and here with rubber on my "almost" rust free floor :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They are inserted onto a "butterfly" shape, in between the 4 L embosses on the floor pan.

Here's a pict of what I call a butterfly.

and here with rubber on my "almost" rust free floor :)

Ah ha! So that what that thing is for! Thanks much!

Here is another pic. The rubber bumper were not painted with the trunk that is mold one them, lol. Not much rust in mine. Those ribs around the butterfly brackets were actually the weld fixture to locating them. That is a spare tire lock above one of them.

Thanks for all of the pics guys! Yeah, I need to get my hands on one of those space saver hold down brackets as well!

Another question: I've seen many, many '71-'73 Mach 1's WITHOUT trunk mats installed. Did these cars come from the factory without the trunk mat?

No fastback, Mach 1, coupes, or verts got mats only the Grande. You can buy them but they were bit factory installed, cost reductions. I always kept a thick piece of carpet in my trunk turned upside down. I never really had more that a box with a few wrenches and oil and coolant. I never went on but one trip that was to Disney World the year I got the car. I broke a driveshaft U joint in Tampa drag racing a guy. I limped home by time home it was about to fall out of the car, lol.

I do not know if it was you I told to friend Scotty Strickland on facebook of not. He has a mustang junk yard and might have the spare bracket. There was one on Ebay last week I think $100. They came in other cars not just with fold down. You got space saver with I think Magnum 500 wheels.

No fastback, Mach 1, coupes, or verts got mats only the Grandé. You can buy them but they were bit factory installed, cost reductions. I always kept a thick piece of carpet in my trunk turned upside down. I never really had more that a box with a few wrenches and oil and coolant. I never went on but one trip that was to Disney World the year I got the car. I broke a driveshaft U joint in Tampa drag racing a guy. I limped home by time home it was about to fall out of the car, lol.

I do not know if it was you I told to friend Scotty Strickland on facebook of not. He has a mustang junk yard and might have the spare bracket. There was one on Ebay last week I think $100. They came in other cars not just with fold down. You got space saver with I think Magnum 500 wheels.
I will friend Scotty, thanks for the lead!

Latest posts

Back