under dash courtesy lights

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
work in progress
302 automatic
[url=https://ibb.co/cwk3bw3][img]https://i.ibb.co/DYzWGYW/IMG-3420.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://statewideinventory.org/used-cars]statewide auto sun valley[/url]
I'm missing the courtesy lights that mount under the left and right side of dash (1973 mach 1).  I'm pretty certain there should be some, anyone got a picture of what they look like and where they mount?  I've searched ebay/facebook/google and have not found any for sell.  Any suggestions on a suitable replacement?

thanks

Bob

1980-1986 ford trucks with the courtesy light option have a light under the dash in the same location that is very similar if not identical to the 1971 mustang light.

I'm missing the courtesy lights that mount under the left and right side of dash (1973 mach 1).  I'm pretty certain there should be some, anyone got a picture of what they look like and where they mount?  I've searched ebay/facebook/google and have not found any for sell.  Any suggestions on a suitable replacement?

thanks

Bob
I have a pair that you can have, just pay for shipping!

thanks

Bob
I have a pair that you can have, just pay for shipping!
Thanks, please let me know how much and do you accept paypal?

Bob

Is the courtesy lamp wiring part of the wiring harness?  My 72 Mach does not appear to have under dash lighting and I dont see a plug in the main harness either.  Anyone have pics of the light installed and what the harness looks like and where it plugs in?

Is the courtesy lamp wiring part of the wiring harness?  My 72 Mach does not appear to have under dash lighting and I dont see a plug in the main harness either.  Anyone have pics of the light installed and what the harness looks like and where it plugs in?
They were standard on convertibles, but not on coupe or fastbacks since they had a dome light. I believe they were part of the convenience group option along with the map light and automatic seat back release. This option required a different wire harness from the standard harness. I imagine you tap into the wire behind the dash for your dome light and run the wires to each courtesy light. If you need it, I could scan the electrical wiring diagram for this area.

They were standard on convertibles, but not on coupe or fastbacks since they had a dome light. I believe they were part of the convenience group option along with the map light and automatic seat back release. This option required a different wire harness from the standard harness. I imagine you tap into the wire behind the dash for your dome light and run the wires to each courtesy light. If you need it, I could scan the electrical wiring diagram for this area.

Depends....

Many cars have the connectors for the footwell lights built into the harness. My Dec '70 Mach has them.

Depends....

Many cars have the connectors for the footwell lights built into the harness. My Dec '70 Mach has them.
I have a plain jane 72 sports roof, and I think I remember a plug hanging down in the vicinity of the steering column and the emergency brake monkey motion, could that be a light connector? Too cold to look again now...………. :chin:

Depends....

I have a plain jane 72 sports roof, and I think I remember a plug hanging down in the vicinity of the steering column and the emergency brake monkey motion, could that be a light connector? Too cold to look again now...………. :chin:
The plug is a black plastic square type, similar to the horn and heater blower wire plugs. If you these plugs on ether end of the dash then you have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back