Under the sill

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
So, I’ve looked and cannot find those cardboardish pieces that fit between the door sill and the body. I assume no one reproduces them? Anyone have a source?

Steve, I didn't bother with any board or cardboard. I used a length of aluminium gutter guard. easy to cut, bend, punch holes, waterproof and strong enough.
David

Attachments

• Mach 1 (581).jpg
    Mach 1 (581).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • Mach 1 (582).jpg
    Mach 1 (582).jpg
    191 KB · Views: 2
Wow. $43! I remember when you could buy the actual metal sill plates for less than that. Crazy how expensive this hobby has gotten.
You mean "Crazy how expensive EVERYTHING has got"
Last night, I took my 8 year old grandson to the movies. It cost more for the damn popcorn and drink in a "kids pack" than it did for the tickets!! What a f'n rip off!

Last edited:
Wow, $43 is a bit much. But for my one-off black spray can color finish, very rare Mustang, it’s a steal 😳.

Maybe I’ll start cruising the local Best Buy. I have one that mostly complete, maybe I can use that as a pattern to make two? We’ll see.

So, I’ve looked and cannot find those cardboardish pieces that fit between the door sill and the body. I assume no one reproduces them? Anyone have a source?
I threw mine away and just used tubing conduit to protect the wiring lol. Does it really have a functional purpose? :)

i ended up finding a nice repo set on EBay. I’ve got extra wires in both sides of my build, it’s why I wanted the thicker wire covers. Kiko, thanks for the idea.

Back