Undercoating

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 completely stock ivy green with silver stripes.
I’m getting ready to have my car undercoated. If I use ziebart I’ve heard that it leads to suspicion that some bad work is covered up. I thought I would take pictures before the work is done to show that not to be the case. Does anyone have any suggestions besides ziebart?

I hear "Lizard Skin" is good too.
However, it's the same question, " what has been covered up?".
On my car, which is rust free, I chose NOT to do anything to the underside between the firewall and the rear bumper. I left it original and as is, other than a good cleaning.
If you must put something on it, perhaps a clear oil spray of some sort, but this will attract dirt and grime, so what's the answer?

I hear "Lizard Skin" is good too.
However, it's the same question, " what has been covered up?".
On my car, which is rust free, I chose NOT to do anything to the underside between the firewall and the rear bumper. I left it original and as is, other than a good cleaning.
If you must put something on it, perhaps a clear oil spray of some sort, but this will attract dirt and grime, so what's the answer?
???????

After removing all the old under coating and seeing how messy and that it retains moisture I am not gonna use anything besides some rust encapsulater platinum and then spray over it with black. Inside I will use lizard skin though.

After removing all the old under coating and seeing how messy and that it retains moisture I am not gonna use anything besides some rust encapsulater platinum and then spray over it with black. Inside I will use lizard skin though.
Check into Rust Bullet https://www.rustbullet.com/ .

Woahhhh not Rich or Dick or Richard....That looks really smart. And a chassis rotisseri in your garage; mate thats cool. If for no other reason than to push the project to the side of the garage so the wife can get her Rolls Royce inside.

Latest posts

Back