• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Very Nice Gold Glow 1972 Mach 1 For Sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stangace20

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 351C Gold Glow
1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
The admins moved my last post since my last post had the CL link my dad posted for the car in it or something. So I'm posting this again without it

It's official, the mach 1 is for sale....mainly cause now I'm out of the house and not there to take care of it. It has become a bit too much car for my dad, especially w/ them planning to move into a smaller house next year, and him having other projects to work on.

Anyway the engine was completely overhauled, the heads were ported and a new Edelbrock Performer inlet manifold and 4 barrel Edelbrock Performer 1406 carb fitted. The car has done about 2000 miles since restoration. Comes with factory air with all new hoses and valves and condenser. New dual exhaust system, the stock was a single for the 2V motor. Transmission was fully overhauled. I have all the bills for not only the engine and transmission but the many new parts fitted. New gas tank, all steering and suspension joints were replaced, all new brakes and brake hoses and wheel bearings. New power steering hoses in fact all the rubber on the car was new. The cooling system was completely replaced.

The odometer reads 68 K but total miles from new is not known. The only mechanics I did not replace were the steering box and the differential and both are good.

The paint is code 6F Gold Glow Metallic code and is in excellent condition this was an expensive body and paint job at a well known local shop, again have the receipt. The interior, code GF, was all replaced, carpets, headliner and seats. Everything is original or as original including the AM radio. This car has the factory option Sport Deck Rear Seat, a nice feature. Only the steering wheel is aftermarket. The wheels were new Magnum 500's with new Goodrich tires. The car now has straight chrome exhaust tips not the downturn ones shown in the pics.

I have won several prizes with this car at local car shows and it is a member the local Mustang Club.

I am not representing this car as perfect but it drives well and is a very attractive nice car that has more than held its own in several car shows, won prizes and gets many complimentary comments. The car is very reliable and runs very strong. It has to be one of the nicer 72's around. Though there are a few small details that could be improved.

Asking 20k obo

580751_10150917117807757_314923653_n.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

Mach1_BA1.jpg

...more pics available upon request (and BTW the engine pic was taken before the factory AC was put back in )

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a few people look at it but everybody is lowballing us ridiculously.

The car is worth 20-25k we know that cause we restored practically every nut and bolt on it

Yes. Very nice car. Stick to your price. Everyone wants a great deal. But if they want YOUR CAR, they will need to pay for it.

Your car has a lot of work completed, where on most others, there is a lot left to do.

Remember that as you command your desired price.

Best of luck and I hope you stick around, as you will still have much to offer as we all work to better our own cars.

Ray

lowballing is common, hoping that the seller says sure take it.

stick to your price, you find the person who really wants it, and will pay your price, or within your price range.

Good luck.

Just curious what kind of offers are they giving you?
the only offers we've gotten have been in the 16k region...we're looking for a bit higher than that (closer to 20k really) cause we KNOW the car is definitely worth it.

and yeah, we know it'll probably be better car selling time in the spring but we figured we'd put it out there early just to see what we'd get.

Back