Went and looked at that '73 stang today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went and looked at that' 73 today. Here is the original posting;http://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/4335206829.html

Overall, its what I expected it to be. He was excited about it. It started up good and sounded nice. I went with my buddy when he took it for a spin, all seems good. It has the Cleveland 351. 117k miles. The alternator light was on, so that's my only question? It looks to be a new alternator so may be something small. That light was also flickering at times so maybe it was just that indicator mis-representing. I uploaded some photos. All in all not bad, for seller willing to let it go for about $8k.

20140312_121215.jpg

20140312_121242.jpg

20140312_121254.jpg

20140312_121426.jpg

20140312_121334.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good looking car indeed.

For the Non-Tach cars the alternator warning light is controlled by the voltage regulator. So if he swapped to a one wire alternator or if the regulator is going out that could cause the light to flicker. Was it a stock regulator, or was it one of the 3G Ford Alternator Conversion bits that stands in for the voltage regulator? Hard to tell from the pictures.

Car has MSD ignition so that's a nice plus! I can see why your buddy was more interested in this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to be a fair price, though the undercoated bottom end picture doesn't show much to suggest the condition before paint. Quite a bit of surface rust on the differential though - the type that looks like the car was sitting before the refurb.

Flat-nose Sportsroofs aren't really worth much more than $8k, though the 351C gives this one an edge.

-Kurt

Thanks guys...Jeff, rims don't appear to be original in my opinion. But the owner has a lot of original paperwork, which is nice including receipts for all parts and services done. It's been garages in Oregon for past ten years.VIN: 3F02H141406

Driver's side footwell looks a bit dirty in the Craigslist picture - a bit dirtier than usual.

Did you check both sides of the cowl, seeing that this seems to be a non-AC car?

-Kurt

Back