What color should the Mach 1 stripe be?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classicsguy

Reaction score
My Car
1968 GT/CS California Special
If a 1973 Mach 1 factory color is Dark green Metallic with Ginger interior,which color the Mach 1 stripes should be?

Thanks

Bright purple or hot pink. Just kidding... Please for the love of everything worth looking at in this world don't give it pink stripes.

Yes I saw the thread but don't know if interior color has anything to do with the stripe.

I would think green w/ back stripe? as I have seen a few of them w/ that combo

Was thinking about doing mine Green w/black to give it that stealth look. But it's when the stripes stand out that screams MACH I. IMHO
I agree with you. On dark color cars the Argent really provides the contrast required to get the attention of people. What has always surprised me is how good argent looks with Grabber Blue (like 72Rcode's car). Chuck

I've owned 3 71-72 Mach 1s, all with black stripes. Maybe I need one with argent stripes. Oh yah, I remembered my budget department has a freeze on buying any more cars. I guess I like sleeping inside so the argent stripes will have to wait. Chuck

So we are saying that depending on the color of the car is either argent or black stripe kit? I thought the customer could choose between them, but maybe Factory did have some rule about what stripe goes with what colour...

Eitherway, it has nothing to do with interior option in my opinion...

Argent would be standard for dark green cars, but the car in the forum header (right next to the 7173Mustangs.com script) is dark green and has black stripes and looks cool too. Here's a pic of it:

0704phr_11_z+1971_ford_boss_mustang+.jpg

Latest posts

Back