What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finding the build sheet

photo22.jpg
That's a good looking build sheet! If you don't mind, could you snap a picture of it and PM me? I'd like to put it in the database I'm building.

I added a little body color under the hood and firewall area.

I like the additional flash with the color rather than just black.

What do you think ?

Thanks, Jay
Nice..somebodys been a busy bee :)
+1, I LOVE the body color look in the engine bay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finding the build sheet

photo22.jpg
That's a good looking build sheet! If you don't mind, could you snap a picture of it and PM me? I'd like to put it in the database I'm building.
I will get a pic over the weekend for you. SM

There are some great looking restorations on this thread.

What do you think ?

Thanks, Jay
very nice

I have been thinking about the same thing

I guess now is the time to do it

What R U going to do to finish the steering linkage?

What do you think ?

Thanks, Jay
very nice

I have been thinking about the same thing

I guess now is the time to do it

What R U going to do to finish the steering linkage?

I am using POR 15's Metal Master coating.

All the items in the parts photo have been sprayed with it.

I am now in the process of assembly.

Well I finally get to post something...... So I go pick up the alternator. Then I notice a rounded off bolt on one of the brackets, I need to replace that while I'm in this,.... then i notice.. well the bracket could use some new paint...then i notice well....another bracket..well it could use repainting too....and then I noticed that the fan....hmmm it needs painting too..............
so here we are .....what 2 weeks later to change out my alternator? so the whole front was taken down cleaned and painted. I'll try to get some pic's ...pretty happy with how she looks. finished adjusting the carb, replaced the water pump while I was at it took all the brackets off cleaned and painted those too seems like she's pretty happy.... backed it out last night gave her a bath.... all this??? so I can go see the upholstery guy:( wifey says... I have a bad case of "tha bunnies"

Spent the evening finishing up the frame repairs in the rear where they hacked out the rear staggered shock bracket. Sanded and neutralized the rear gas tank support bracket and measured the fit onto the new floor pan. On vacation this week before our 25 day annual outage, so hoping to get some things moving.

DSCN1450.JPGDSCN1451.JPG

After seeing the results of the rust test at my house, went ahead and coated my trunk floor pan and gas tank support.
Permatex?
:goodone:

rofl

All kidding aside..M when you do your welding, make sure to have a respirator on..The fumes from the coating burning off will do you in !!!

No more clamps - got the passenger side quarter panel ON! Just gotta grind down the welds and primer the bare spots so I can fill in the seam later. Also need to adjust the door striker inward a little to match up the panels perfectly... after I get some new door striker pins, that is.

Here it is:

405107_413262875351303_100000027814872_1514649_246341015_n.jpg

And another shot:

544811_413262918684632_100000027814872_1514650_1012247028_n.jpg

Whatta PITA. Oh well - the other side should go a little quicker now that I know where to trim and adjust (hopefully). Then, all that's left to weld, is just a couple minor things (trunk latch bracket and fix the driver side rocker) - then I'll start hanging the fuel system, brake lines, exhaust, and run the wiring harness. After all that, drop in the engine and tranny - I'm hoping to maybe even fire it up Memorial Day weekend before I have to bring it home.

No more clamps - got the passenger side quarter panel ON! Just gotta grind down the welds and primer the bare spots so I can fill in the seam later. Also need to adjust the door striker inward a little to match up the panels perfectly... after I get some new door striker pins, that is.

Here it is:

405107_413262875351303_100000027814872_1514649_246341015_n.jpg

And another shot:

544811_413262918684632_100000027814872_1514650_1012247028_n.jpg

Whatta PITA. Oh well - the other side should go a little quicker now that I know where to trim and adjust (hopefully). Then, all that's left to weld, is just a couple minor things (trunk latch bracket and fix the driver side rocker) - then I'll start hanging the fuel system, brake lines, exhaust, and run the wiring harness. After all that, drop in the engine and tranny - I'm hoping to maybe even fire it up Memorial Day weekend before I have to bring it home.
WOW congrats looks good

Looks very very nice E. ::goodjob::

Now you know why it's easier to replace a FULL OTR vs doing a repair panel..

E..you are going to run a continuous bead along that seam ..RIGHT !!!

Looks very very nice E. ::goodjob::

Now you know why it's easier to replace a FULL OTR vs doing a repair panel..

E..you are going to run a continuous bead along that seam ..RIGHT !!!
Oh yeah - I'm a believer... I just didn't think far enough in advance to get a full set of quarters... that, and honestly, I balked when I saw the price.

Curiosity: does it still need a continuous bead if the seam is flanged and overlayed? (I'm still no good at butt-welding) It makes sense to me that laying a bead along the edge would be a good idea (I'm having visions of the edge flexing just enough to crack filler and paint), but I 'rosette' welded every inch or so - based on what I read on several sites.

All that aside, you know I'm going to go with your advice regardless. ;)

Back