What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the day cutting up the rest of the car and got down to the staggered shock set up removal. Found another use for the lift. This and putting this piece right on the trailer. :rolleyes:

DSCN2396.JPGDSCN2395.JPGDSCN2394.JPG

Sunday- Drove the car to the Chicago metro area and noticed en rout that there was a slight anti-freeze smell and that something sounded like bad bearings so I located and bought a water pump.

Monday- Was not as cold as it had been so went to change the water pump. The tyre that had been flat a couple days earlier was flat again and again on the bottom.

Went to pump it up with the small air pump that plugs into the cigeraette lighter. So started the engine to not wear battery down. Pump did not work. Anti freeze dripping out of car, locate source as radiator not the water pump. Easier to replace. Sound is coming from alternator.

Took tyre off. Discovered brake pads not looking too good.

Took radiator out. Discovered life time warranty at Advance only lasts two years since thier computer deletes the records after that peroid of time and I had somone steal everything in my glove box about 7 years ago- including many receipts. Will take them a couple days to get radiator anyways. Said if they could ID it as theirs they would replace will wait their decision before proceeding further.

Managed to squeeze bad tyre and another bad tyre I have had sitting around as well as the alternator (and no longer needed I hope water pump) into my Bricklin and headed into town.

Got both tyres fixed. Guy at tyre shop said he liked the body kit on my Corvette.

Autozone replaced the life time warranty alternator purchased in 96 with record still in their computer with no hassles. Also picked up brake pads there also under warranty, will need to return the bad ones for a refund. They accepted return on water pump.

Also went to O'Reillys had them repalce lug nuts which I had lifetime warranty on since they were getting a bit knackered. Found a 5 year old receipt for these when I cleaned my desk a week ago. Other 3 wheels should also get done.

Came home replaced brake pads on one side of car and put the now fixed tyre back.

Replaced alternator. Uable to start car to see if it all works and noise has vanished. Autozone did test it as bad.

Replaced brake pads on other side of car and did not replace tyre as figure those lug nuts came off with difficulty (thread chaser went down on studs with ease).

Car still not drivable. Found something to put radiator on in Bricklin so it won't leak on carpet. Looks like correct size fan balde for fan clutch which Advance now has will be easier install with radiator out of way.

Get to go to 3 Auto parts stores tomorrow! More work on car on Thursday.

Still need to figure out why the newly installed cruise control stopped working in the trip back from Chicago on Sunday.

It is too cold to like doing any of this stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunday- Drove the car to the Chicago metro area and noticed en rout that there was a slight anti-freeze smell and that something sounded like bad bearings so I located and bought a water pump.

Monday- Was not as cold as it had been so went to change the water pump. The tyre that had been flat a couple days earlier was flat again and again on the bottom.

Went to pump it up with the small air pump that plugs into the cigeraette lighter. So started the engine to not wear battery down. Pump did not work. Anti freeze dripping out of car, locate source as radiator not the water pump. Easier to replace. Sound is coming from alternator.

Took tyre off. Discovered brake pads not looking too good.

Took radiator out. Discovered life time warranty at Advance only lasts two years since thier computer deletes the records after that peroid of time and I had somone steal everything in my glove box about 7 years ago- including many receipts. Will take them a couple days to get radiator anyways. Said if they could ID it as theirs they would replace will wait their decision before proceeding further.

Managed to squeeze bad tyre and another bad tyre I have had sitting around as well as the alternator (and no longer needed I hope water pump) into my Bricklin and headed into town.

Got both tyres fixed. Guy at tyre shop said he liked the body kit on my Corvette.

Autozone replaced the life time warranty alternator purchased in 96 with record still in their computer with no hassles. Also picked up brake pads there also under warranty, will need to return the bad ones for a refund. They accepted return on water pump.

Also went to O'Reillys had them repalce lug nuts which I had lifetime warranty on since they were getting a bit knackered. Found a 5 year old receipt for these when I cleaned my desk a week ago. Other 3 wheels should also get done.

Came home replaced brake pads on one side of car and put the now fixed tyre back.

Replaced alternator. Uable to start car to see if it all works and noise has vanished. Autozone did test it as bad.

Replaced brake pads on other side of car and did not replace tyre as figure those lug nuts came off with difficulty (thread chaser went down on studs with ease).

Car still not drivable. Found something to put radiator on in Bricklin so it won't leak on carpet. Looks like correct size fan balde for fan clutch which Advance now has will be easier install with radiator out of way.

Get to go to 3 Auto parts stores tomorrow! More work on car on Thursday.

Still need to figure out why the newly installed cruise control stopped working in the trip back from Chicago on Sunday.

It is too cold to like doing any of this stuff.
I got tired just reading that!

And I have to agree with your tire guy, those gull wing corvettes are the shizzle.:D

IMG_0739.JPG

If you look close you can see that the old filter is actually inside the new one. Obviously this should give me better air flow. No K&N yet, but will be getting one soon. Just got the dash speaker in the mail as well as the second arm rest pad. Will get those installed some time this week or this coming weekend. Still need to schedule my security system install.

Also, question for anyone listening. I am planning on shipping Sheila, my stang, from north idaho to Everett, wa in April. I am stressing how they will get it on the truck, how they get it off, whether they have to take it on and off at other stops. Has anyone shipped a car like this before and can you calm my nerves about how these things work? Obviously they have insurance for a reason, but what sorts of things will their insurance cover?

Full car carriers have ramps for each level and yes they do move them at different stops. Contact your carrier to see what type of hauler they use.
I kinda figured they had run into this before. My only concern is, the last time I had to have the car put on a tow truck (long story) it didn't seem like a real steep ramp, but it still drug on the valence up front. Maybe I am just freaking out over nothing. I did plan on discussing it with them before setting anything up.

thats pretty cool. I gotta ask what the truck's like that is going to pick mine up. I hope it is enclosed like that one.

I started to strip the pink coupe today. There is nothing like a new blade in the sawzaw.:cool: I hope to have it all striped by the end of the week so I can bring it to the scrap yard. Maybe with any luck it will become a Hyundai.:-/

parts car #5 010.jpg

parts car #5 011.jpg

parts car #5 012.jpg

I had my Bricklin shipped from the original owner in North carolina to central Illinois via a car carrier when i bought it 2 1/2 years ago. The place I dealt with put a contract for the job out and an independent driver picke it up. He had 6 cars to be picked up in the Carolinas and Virgina that neded to be brought to Indiana , Illinois and Iowa and then was picking up some in the midwest to bring back out east. Cost about $700 There is a place that gives ratings to various car carriers online although I cant recall the website name., I found the place I used there and then rate them, they were good on some stuff not on others. Although many of the questions posed were compare to your past experiences doing this how did this company rate better / worse/ about the same. Quotes I got from places ran a large gauntlet ranging from about $100 less than I paid (that company had lots fo bad reviews to almost 3x what I paid)

If you look close you can see that the old filter is actually inside the new one. Obviously this should give me better air flow. No K&N yet, but will be getting one soon. Just got the dash speaker in the mail as well as the second arm rest pad. Will get those installed some time this week or this coming weekend. Still need to schedule my security system install.

Also, question for anyone listening. I am planning on shipping Sheila, my stang, from north idaho to Everett, wa in April. I am stressing how they will get it on the truck, how they get it off, whether they have to take it on and off at other stops. Has anyone shipped a car like this before and can you calm my nerves about how these things work? Obviously they have insurance for a reason, but what sorts of things will their insurance cover?

Today picked up a new radiator, fan blade and lug nuts for the Mustang. Then when I got home I put a nice dent in the fender while trying to back around it in the snow and grass to get the driveable vehicle into the carport. and to think ealier in the day the guy at the body shop told me he was running out of things to do to my cars.

The pilot bushing is on, then the clutch.

And today I received a pair of Flowmaster 40 series, that's my christmas day :)

SAM_0307.JPG

SAM_0309.JPG

SAM_0311.JPG

Back