What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming along great!
Slowly but surely :)

Today, I put the bellhousing in place, then the seal in the rear axle.

Then between around 140 ft/lbs should be good to tight the nut of the yoke, as I changed only the seal.

About that, any comment will be appreciated and helpfull for me.
According to the manual, I think you were supposed to make a note of the ft/lbs it took to remove the nut and then torque it to that amount when putting it back.
I didn't do anything before I pull out the nut. You know, sometimes, you do, and you think, but it's too late :(

Slowly but surely :)

Today, I put the bellhousing in place, then the seal in the rear axle.

Then between around 140 ft/lbs should be good to tight the nut of the yoke, as I changed only the seal.

About that, any comment will be appreciated and helpfull for me.
According to the manual, I think you were supposed to make a note of the ft/lbs it took to remove the nut and then torque it to that amount when putting it back.
I didn't do anything before I pull out the nut. You know, sometimes, you do, and you think, but it's too late :(
Not a problem. Just good we caught it.

It's done, I put the yoke in place, I tight at 12m/kg, around 85 ft/lbs.

Next step, gearbox then the transmission.

The last thing will be the exaust, there is no room for it, and won't be easy,

work in horizontal position under the car:(

Started it up to listen to that sweet sound of a 460 purring as I looked out the window with disgust at the falling snow.Then went inside to keep making the pony wishlist longer while waiting for tax return time!!:cool:

Up to 50 degrees today! Having the garage door replaced so I had to move it out of the garage and into a parking space. Fired right up and purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrred.
And it only went from the garage back to the garage? Sacriliege! :p

Up to 50 degrees today! Having the garage door replaced so I had to move it out of the garage and into a parking space. Fired right up and purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrred.
And it only went from the garage back to the garage? Sacriliege! :p
LOL yes, but with no headlights, taillights, side markers, or windows I don't think I'm legal! :D

Also, question for anyone listening. I am planning on shipping Sheila, my stang, from north idaho to Everett, wa in April. I am stressing how they will get it on the truck, how they get it off, whether they have to take it on and off at other stops. Has anyone shipped a car like this before and can you calm my nerves about how these things work? Obviously they have insurance for a reason, but what sorts of things will their insurance cover?
I've used a guy in American Falls that has an enclosed 28' car hauler. Great guy and good service. Hauled a car across the country for me. His name is Stan Bearup. 208 220.1732. Tell him Don in Mobile, AL with the Mach 1s sent you.

I apparently bought some artwork in progress today! :p
Wow!

It's a little dirty but I got the grille, front fascia, rear valance, and bumpers back on today.

ra8f89.jpg

9v9rt4.jpg

2nm395g.jpg

Very nice Steve.

I chased & fixed a few electrical issues today on the 4speed car. Windshield wipers, radio, heater blower and key buzzer all work now. :D I may need to disconnect the buzzer.

Now if I can just get the turn signals and fuel gauge to work I'll be at 100% with the electrical.

Steve she's looking good! Pardon the ignorance....but she looks really dark blue to me.?

Well the wife is at work....kiddo is at church camp.... so I have the house all to myself. what do I get to do???? no not work on the Black Betty....I get to do YARD WORK!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing nice about living in the north... no winter yard work, just shoveling snow.

One thing nice about living in the north... no winter yard work, just shoveling snow.

The car is looking great SM!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did get a chance to work on mine today. I welded caps on the open ends of the main subframe connector tubes and cut the tubing for a couple of the brackets that go over the frame. I need more cutoff wheels before I can continue... looks like a run to harbor freight tomorrow. Nothing photo worthy today, maybe soon.

Back