What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much finished up the patch around the windshield jamb & side of the roof..Needs about an hour more of finish work..Time to break for the holidays..prime time next week..Have a Great Christmas everybody !

BEFORE

100_4306.JPG

DURING

100_4360.JPG

PRETTY MUCH DONE

100_4363.JPG

Got the last tree dropped beside the garage yesterday and started burning the wood. Figure out of the 10 trees I dropped (smallest 13 inch and largest 21) should be burning for a while! Monday back to the garage!

This topic is getting pretty long, I think it is messing with the forum's ability to number the pages properly. I can't get to the last posts.

This topic is getting pretty long, I think it is messing with the forum's ability to number the pages properly. I can't get to the last posts.
Nah for some reason it's always moved to the next page about 3 posts early. Gives it charachter. Just change the number up top in the URL

Last edited by a moderator:
New door panels in the correct color. Got them in the mail last week, but couldn't install because I didn't have enough door panel clips to do even one door. Old panels had weird plastic one time use things in.

No door panel-drivers side

Door panel installed!

Sweet!

Notice no arm rests. those are coming soon.

also, I have been fiddling with the wiring under the dash and found two disconnected wires. I am not a big fan of loose wires so was looking for some knowledge. It think they would have belonged to the stock stereo, but not sure. tried to take pics:
I'm not sure if anyone has answered you back on the random wires yet. The plug with four wires looks like your center console clock, and the plug with the two black wires looks like your center dash speaker. Hope this helps.

Listened to the crickets chirping where it used to sit in the garage. I don't know if you guys even remember me (Beth) and Elena, but she's been at the body shop since last June. She went in for her new roof and got put on the back burner (not by us, by the shop) She's got the new skin on, but that's as far as it went. Only good news is that we get free heated storage for her for the winter, and they are going to fix her rear quarter dent for free (dent not my doing). Supposedly there was some miscommunication, they thought we were willing to be patient in order to get a better deal, so I'm thinking this better be the deal of a life-time. I haven't been on the site because I just don't know what to say, I'm a little heart broken. Been spending the fall hanging out on Tom Keifer's facebook page (lead singer of Cinderella) but he doesn't talk cars (yet) so I had to come back to get my fix, he he! Maybe now that it's winter I can just think of it as the seasonal break (Minnesota you know).

Listened to the crickets chirping where it used to sit in the garage. I don't know if you guys even remember me (Beth) and Elena, but she's been at the body shop since last June. She went in for her new roof and got put on the back burner (not by us, by the shop) She's got the new skin on, but that's as far as it went. Only good news is that we get free heated storage for her for the winter, and they are going to fix her rear quarter dent for free (dent not my doing). Supposedly there was some miscommunication, they thought we were willing to be patient in order to get a better deal, so I'm thinking this better be the deal of a life-time. I haven't been on the site because I just don't know what to say, I'm a little heart broken. Been spending the fall hanging out on Tom Keifer's facebook page (lead singer of Cinderella) but he doesn't talk cars (yet) so I had to come back to get my fix, he he! Maybe now that it's winter I can just think of it as the seasonal break (Minnesota you know).
I've found that if you visit frequently the body shop will get the picture. If all else fails, you may need to not be so polite! :p

I've found that if you visit frequently the body shop will get the picture. If all else fails, you may need to not be so polite! :p
I believe you're right. I haven't been aggressive about it but the few times I dropped by just to hang with my car (I miss the little snot) they got a little jumpy, so I know that approach would work. I definitely don't want to miss another show season. And I want to start checking out what everybody is planning for the 2014 reunion.

I believe you're right. I haven't been aggressive about it but the few times I dropped by just to hang with my car (I miss the little snot) they got a little jumpy, so I know that approach would work. I definitely don't want to miss another show season. And I want to start checking out what everybody is planning for the 2014 reunion.
My painter has my other car and he just had neck surgury last week (told he'd wished he'd finished it before the surgury) but like you I need that car in 2-1/5 months no matter what. He's WELL aware of it.

Just purchased a radio..

D3ZA-18806 AM for my 73 vert.

RO7HK.jpg

It's been awhile since I had anything to post. I have not touched my Mach 1 since Oct.:huh: But yesterday I piked up parts car #5. All I really need is the right front fender. The rest of the car will be parted out to help out others in there projects. The cowl seems to be good. I was hoping the car was in better condition but their still some good parts to be had.

parts car #5 001.jpg

parts car #5 002.jpg

parts car #5 003.jpg

I worked on replacing the right outer wheelhousing. I'm getting closer to being ready to install the new 1/4 panel.

Joe

Today I swapped out a 4 bolt rear end with a 8" rear end on my 69. Also cleaned off most the bolts and parts from my engine. Preping it all to be nice and clean for when engine reassembly comes.

Back