What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew it had some work done to it from what I seen on the back side. But I didn't think it was that bad.:-/
Proof that this country's driver's training has failed - for over 30 years - to teach the public* how to drive a wide car with long overhangs. How many of these cars have we seen with at least one corner crumpled up?

-Kurt

*Now everybody compensates by building short, narrow junk with curved edges on all corners (and less rear visibility than ever - hah!). Making cars easier for idiots to drive is the wrong solution...
Yep here's what I found hidden under my original fenders.

aryjyjur.jpg

The bondo body sculpture job did a good job hiding this fender bender.
Yikes!! now that's a dent.

Over the last couple of weeks I installed new lower control arms, upper and lower ball joints, sway bar end links, tie rod ends, freshened up the disc brakes, repacked the wheel bearings and repainted all of the front end components. Getting it ready to be a daily driver.

-6 hose and AN fittings are on the premises. Pump to carb with filter is happening this weekend.
I installed the passengers side weather channel today. More work than I thought, but it is in along with my original drip rail moldings.

Starting to look like a car again.

View attachment 22186

I finished the passenger side door panel and re-installed it, forgetting to take photos. I really like how they turned out and wish I had thought to do this 10 years ago. I spent some time adjusting the doors on the hinges and strikers, the doors were a little bit out on the bottom causing the curve on the door not to match the quarter. They are much better but still not where I'd like them. I'll tinker with it further. Getting them "right" will need to wait for the body and paint phase.

I installed the passengers side weather channel today. More work than I thought, but it is in along with my original drip rail moldings.

Starting to look like a car again.
Right there with ya - just about the same place, too. I got the new drip rails installed last weekend, and stuffed the headliner in yesterday... just gotta smooth it all out and glue it down today. Then next week, I can install the door rails (to catch up to ya ;) ).

Drove it, removed the pressed in the Idle Channel Restrictors (ICR) tapped the holes and installed changeable ICRs in the carburetor, and drove it again. Idle quality and transition improved to more than acceptable. I think I'm done tinkering with the Carburetor, until I change my mind, again. Chuck

IMG_2029.JPG

Possible universal joint problem, check them for play.
U-joints seem tight, there is play where the yoke and driveshaft come together. Cant really get it "crack" like it does when it is is running. But there is movement there somewhere.
Mike...you were right on! Replaced the U-Joints over the weekend and it is smooth as new! Thanks for the help.

The guy that did my U-Joints is a huge mustang fan. Turns out he built and drag raced a few different mustangs in the 80s. And owned a 70 Boss 302 he kicks himself for selling. He wants to drop a 460 into my 73 Convertible...should make it into a nice sleeper. I am sure a few people on here have done this or have seen discussions on it. Anything I should know?

dws02c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy that did my U-Joints is a huge mustang fan. Turns out he built and drag raced a few different mustangs in the 80s. And owned a 70 Boss 302 he kicks himself for selling. He wants to drop a 460 into my 73 Convertible...should make it into a nice sleeper. I am sure a few people on here have done this or have seen discussions on it. Anything I should know?

dws02c.jpg
yes,It will use allot of gas.:D

dws02c.jpg
yes,It will use allot of gas.:D
Yep, I second that.

My 429 Mustang gets 9 MPG. I can watch the gage move as I drive it to shows! Would be hard to imagine this car as a daily driver at todays fuel prices.

Latest posts

Back