What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today i took off the air cleaner and fixed a leaky fuel line then was listening to try to find a ticking noise.

Took it for a drive to test out the new suspension and brakes, oh my she is running and driving so sweet now, I really do love this car. I need to finish the body work and paint it. It will be either bright red or gunmetal, decisi ons decisions.

Bought a 680 CFM Quick Fuel carburetor to replace the chokeless 750 Holley DP it came with. Will install it when I am home in a few weeks and take the car for its first drive.

I finished getting the drivers fender cleaned up and back on the car.
Looking good! Chuck

Bought a 680 CFM Quick Fuel carburetor to replace the chokeless 750 Holley DP it came with. Will install it when I am home in a few weeks and take the car for its first drive.
I like the Quick Fuel stuff, god bang for the buck. Which 750 DP did you take off? 80528-1? Chuck

Last edited by a moderator:
Put new Wheels and tires on mine. Loved the Hoosiers I had on the back but get stuck in the rain once with slicks and it's bye bye slicks, LOL. These new fronts are to tall but I got (4) Brand New Weld Wheels, (4) Brand New Tires, and the Lugs for $100.00 plus my old slicks so I couldnt resist.

The old Black Wheels had a good look but they were just worn out Cragar SS's some one painted black and the wittle 24" front tires were way to small. This is a much nicer set up and no more hitting the exhaust and it drives so much better. Best hundred bucks I spent in a long time banana:

DSCN0214.JPGDSCN0245.JPG

I know I don't post often around here so I'll keep youz guys'z up to speed with my project. 73 mach 1 - 351c with custom megasquirt fuel injection which is currently apart with the aussie heads at the machine shop (I have a set of 2v heads I am looking to get rid of :angel:). While the engine is out I have been working on the engine bay and making everything crescent fresh.

I just finished the hood and I sprayed the inside of one fender, with the cowl panel (replaced a few years back but did a sloppy job) and passenger side of the engine bay primed.. along with the inner fenderwell, so that's pretty much ready for paint (sorry no pictures today).

I had custom injector bungs welded in a carb manifold a while back and just slapped the car together to drive it around so today I cleaned up the inside of the runner where the bung was protruding. I never used a burr on a grinder before and couldn't figure out why it was bouncing all over the place. I learned that the burr cuts smoothly when you run it right to left only, holding it perpendicular to the workpiece.

enough BS and words about learning books, here are pictures-

Here's the hood:

oZ6mJNVl.jpg

and the manifold:

plM1JiHl.png

I have next week off, so I will be doing nothing but going to the drag strip and working on this thing. More to come.

I did a few things.

1) Installed the rear glass

2) Painted the inner 1/4 panels (Interior)

3) Poked holes in the new carpet for the seat bolts

4) Installed 2 rear seat belts

5) Found some washer nuts for the rear Spoiler hardware

6) Inserted power harness and boot in drivers door.

7) Installed 1/4 trim panel guides.

8) wished I had anew package tray.

Today I took it for a drive! Heck Yeah! 5 months ago I parked it at my mom's house. I have started it each month and today I was just going to fire it up and run the transmission through each gear but I decided. 'What the heck'. It is 107 degrees out but I was still in my soggy swim trunks. So I grabbed the wallet and cell phone and took it for a 20 minute drive. What a blast. Goodness it is a fun car to drive. I left the top up and took it easy on her for the first 5 minutes or so but I got a chance to open it up a little as I was getting on the freeway. I can't wait for the weather to cool down. Another month or so and I should be able to bring it back home and drive it when I want.

I did a few things.

1) Installed the rear glass

2) Painted the inner 1/4 panels (Interior)

3) Poked holes in the new carpet for the seat bolts

4) Installed 2 rear seat belts

5) Found some washer nuts for the rear Spoiler hardware

6) Inserted power harness and boot in drivers door.

7) Installed 1/4 trim panel guides.

8) wished I had anew package tray.
Can you grab a picture of the power harness boot for me? I have a set of these things on the way, and have no idea how or where to install them (or if they're even the right boots at all):

5864PWC.jpg

https://www.impalaparts.com/product.php?productid=5864PWC

Can you grab a picture of the power harness boot for me? I have a set of these things on the way, and have no idea how or where to install them (or if they're even the right boots at all.

Hey Eric,

Maybe i can help you here. As you know, i was givng Jason's '73 vert the once over yesterday at our meet and greet. He has the factory power windows in his car. I took special note of his wiring rubber connector boots on his front doors to body. They are just a straight connector with no built in bends in them. They look almost identical to the last ones you have just posted up. The length of the connectors of Jason's, i don't know, but Jason's look a bit longer than the ones in your last pic, as i remembered them yesterday. But that may not have been the case because i was lookig at them with the front driver's door fully opened,and there probably was some stretching going on there with the connector too. Seeing his, i would definately NOT go the offset ones.

You could always PM him and get a couple of pics and details from him maybe. If i eventually put power windows in my vert, i will be looking for the same connectors as yourself. Also, i'm very keen to find out how your power windows install went when you get a chance mate.

Hope that helps,

Greg.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Eric,

Maybe i can help you here. As you know, i was givng Jason's '73 vert the once over yesterday at our meet and greet. He has the factory power windows in his car. I took special note of his wiring rubber connector boots on his front doors to body. They are just a straight connector with no built in bends in them. They look almost identical to the last ones you have just posted up. The length of the connectors of Jason's, i don't know, but Jason's look a bit longer than the ones in your last pic, as i remembered them yesterday. But that may not have been the case because i was lookig at them with the front driver's door fully opened,and there probably was some stretching going on there with the connector too. Seeing his, i would definately NOT go the offset ones.

You could always PM him and get a couple of pics and details from him maybe. If i eventually put power windows in my vert, i will be looking for the same connectors as yourself. Also, i'm very keen to find out how your power windows install went when you get a chance mate.

Hope that helps,

Greg.:)
I think that's pretty much all I need - I trust your opinion. A little bit of stretching shouldn't hurt 'em. I'll get a set of the straight-thru's ordered ASAP. I found them on the recommendation of someone referencing a Land Rover vehicle (Discovery, if I remember right). I was leery of the "S-shaped" ones anyway (they are for an Impala, after all :p ) - mostly, because there's no way they would've mounted up into our door configuration without some kind of twisting, bending, or otherwise. Nah - I'll save those for something else.

Looking around on the site, it appears the other ones for the GM A-bodies, '69-'75. Oh well.

I'm planning on mounting up the motors in the doors today (along with the speakers and maybe the power locks), so hopefully, I'll have some pictures later (gotta show off the package tray area as well - it came out pretty nice)

I replaced my broken right parking brake cable at work (I have a lift at work) last week after it broke in June in the hardware store parking lot. I drove it yesterday to the gun club to shoot trap. Now I am going to go in the basement and stare at it and ponder while loading more shotgun shells for next week.

Ron

Removed, cleaned and repacked the front wheel bearings. That should last until the winter break. Gotta make sure the car runs like it should as I'm gonna meet a very competent critic who will also get to drive the car.

News at eleven. :)

Ok ..... Just picked up a 71 Mach in mid July and have been tooling around since wondering what would fall off or go wrong to strand us. My wife, who I bought the car for, finally decided we may be tempting fate and gave me the green light to start restoration. So here we go. Have done a couple other cars recently (66 Pontiac street racer and 79 Triumph) ands know the value of forums. Getting better at this but have never considered a Ford so finding this site gave me the confidence to dive in make it the ride we want. The vision is pro touring resto mod that gives us the missing car in our stable. It's an aggressive plan and will start a build thread if folks are actually interested. But to answer the thread question .... Removed interior including rear window (with help from these very forums) and started the inspection and clean up process. I am psyched and happy that we are looking rust free. So what I did was START... This is gonna be fun!

Latest posts

Back