What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice day here in NJ was able to paint my interior parts outside. The white looks must better, in my opinion than the avacaldo and the dash & package shelf in sem trim black.

Another step towards getting the glass back in ......

Just got back from the post office where I picked up my refurbished rear window motors. Now let's see if I can figure out how to put them back in. :)

(Expletives to be expected!) :)

IMG_8101.JPG

Thanks. Let's just say I'm glad I took tons of reference pics during disassembly as well as bagging and tagging everything. Like has been mentioned on here before. Even if you plan to use new hardware still save and bag and tag everything. It makes a great reference for reassembly.

Thanks. Let's just say I'm glad I took tons of reference pics during disassembly as well as bagging and tagging everything. Like has been mentioned on here before. Even if you plan to use new hardware still save and bag and tag everything. It makes a great reference for reassembly.
Yeah... this is one of those tips that cant be stressed enough. Even taking pictures and notes can leave you sometimes scratching your head.

The shop manuals are a great complement, and off course this forum.

1971 M-code Mach 1

Currently working on the small stuff, windows, seats, hardware etc., every piece needs some kind of refurbishing, this car was driven a lot and hard in its previous life... Got the seat frames back from the powder coating place today. Turned out nice, good price, $160 to do the full front buckets and rear seat frames. Also spent some time refurbishing the window cranks, difficult to find nice originals today. Glad I did work on them, as they shine up real nice with some elbow grease. Before and after pic included.

Bucket seats powder coated.jpg

Window cranks restoration.jpg

Finally finished the floor replacement and got it in primer today.

I used Bill Hirsch's Miracle paint where there was surface rust and along the welded areas then primed with Interguard 269 Epoxy Primer

P1020916.jpg

P1020921.jpg

P1020923.jpg

Got some more work done on the motor. Starting test fitting the new belts and pulleys from CVF. Nice stuff. Getting closer. Also should have my steering box back from powersteering.com from the rebuild and conversion to quick ratio next week. Gotta get this done so I can get back out and enjoy the season!!!

html photo hosting

Back