What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YAHOO got the Lizard Skin spayed on my interior floors, inside fire wall, inside doors, etc. Not sure how it will work but like the ease of use and cleans up with water. I used the one with ceramic.

I finished up my wiring, got my 02 sensor mounted and the exhaust pipe bolted to the manifold.. The car cranks but isn't getting spark. I have to check my wiring tommorow.

Checked around town for replacement points for my distributor. It's an old dual point Accel that's been discontinued for like 25 years so it's not the easiest thing to do. Called up Accel and they gave me a part number to some that should work, hopefully they do. Ordered a pair of them from Jegs along with new plugs and wires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping and praying the 'yard guys pulled the entire front subframe assembly of the donor car... and not just 'cut it off at the firewall' like most of them usually do.

I won't be able to pick it up until Tuesday or so.

Parts won't come in until the 29th because of the holiday. Sucks because I wanted to install them and work on the car over the four day weekend. There's nothing worse than waiting for stuff to come in the mail.

Just put in my 2nd set of new trans lines. They don't fit any better than the 1st set. Bought them from 2 different places.

I had to take out the motor mount.Remove starter,rad,Lift the engine.

I think their computer controled bender needs some adjustment.:mad: MAB

Got my buddy in from San Antonio - we're going to pick up the front clip today. Man, I hope they didn't just whack it off at the firewall....

YES!!! They cut it off behind the torque box on the driver side, and all the way to the tranny cross member on the passenger side - SCORE!! They even cut off enough of the cowl for me to use to patch my cowl damage as well - BONUS!! So today, my buddy and I stripped all of the fasteners and peripheral stuff off the new front clip today. I SO cannot wait to get the front ends swapped out now. The replacement trunk lid I got ($45) is also pristine, as this was obviously a southwestern car.

Unfortunately, I've got a lot of Christmas party-type gigs to play on the coming weekends until the 11th (I play Trombone and Baritone in a local brass band), then CISSP Bootcamp and cert testing the week or so after - so it'll be sometime around the end of December/early January before I get that done.

But, I can't even say how happy I am with the 'yard guys for getting me exactly what I need to rehab the front end. Pictures will be forthcoming.

Happy Turkey-Day, gentlemen - I hope everybody has a wonderful holiday weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
YES!!! They cut it off behind the torque box on the drive side, and all the way to the tranny cross member on the passenger side - SCORE!! They even cut off enough of the cowl for me to use to patch my cowl damage as well - BONUS!! So today, my buddy and I stripped all of the fasteners and peripheral stuff off the new front clip today. I SO cannot wait to get the front ends swapped out now. The replacement trunk lid I got ($45) is also pristine, as this was obviously a southwestern car.

Unfortunately, I've got a lot of Christmas party-type gigs to play on the coming weekends until the 11th (I play Trombone and Baritone in a local brass band), then CISSP Bootcamp and cert testing the week or so after - so it'll be sometime around the end of December/early January before I get that done.

But, I can't even say how happy I am with the 'yard guys for getting me exactly what I need to rehab the front end. Pictures will be forthcoming.

Happy Turkey-Day, gentlemen - I hope everybody has a wonderful holiday weekend!
SCORE :D

That is GREAT, Eric!!

I was hoping that the "yard guys" would do you right. If you have not already done so, you might want to check the donor car thoroughly for any other usable parts:).

Again, glad to hear the good news.

BT

Thanks! I'm so happy (and relieved) that it came out this way. I was worried about having to graft the front frame right under the firewall in the bad spot on the driver side. My torque boxes appear to be in good shape, so if nothing I still have plenty of frame material (if I don't use the 'new' torque boxes) to work with. And if I gotta replace the torque boxes, I'm covered. Whew!!!

I was actually saddened to cut up such a good 'donor' car - it's a light blue 1972 Fastback that I honestly believe could've been put back together in the 'yard within a day and driven away - I have no idea the status of the engine, tranny, and rear axle though.

I'm definitely going back for some more parts, too. There's some interior plastic pieces I need, as well as I might snag the front valance (it's actually in the trunk and didn't look too bad) and see what else is there. Like I said, it's pretty much a complete car and a shame to cut it up. But they 'yard boss said he wouldn't sell me the whole thing because of 'legal issues.' Whatever new sheet metal I need, I'll be buying new though (except for the extremely rare stuff).

By the same token - anybody needs anything, let me know. They also had a '73 Coupe there as well in just about as good of shape. If nothing, maybe Don could hook up with them on the salvage yard network and work a transfer to help his collection of usable parts grow (after I get my stuff though ;) ). The 'yard boss actually dislikes Mustangs newer than 1970, but he's willing to hang onto the two he has for parting out.

Back