My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Does 'being stuck in traffic wishing I was driving my Mach 1' count? :D

Maiden Dearborn

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 - Q-code auto - Medium Bright Yellow
DSC06542.JPG Spent the afternoon Dremeling [that's a new word for spending way too much time on a part that no one is ever going to see] the drivers side rear frame rail axle bumper mount area. 10 minature sanding discs later and a 1/4 can of rust inhibitor and.... walaaa.

98% of the rust is gone and the rest is converted into something black...

72HCODE

"My World is Fire and Blood"
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1.
I started ripping out my rain gutters on the roof of my car. My roof leaks in the rain on both sides.

got the drivers side window frame and rain gutter pulled off, thankfully on that side the only damage besides some rusted hardware is dried up seals

so i'm polishing up the stainless a little and then i will reseal everything.

Crossing fingers that the passenger side isn't rusted out.

downwardspiral

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
2011 Mustang GT- Vortech v3 kit, custom tune and intake. MT ET Street slicks. Goes good
04 Mountaineer - daily
I locked out my distributor and installed my manifold today.. I just need to run my wires from my relay board to my sensors and do a couple little things... These "little things" are eating up my time :(

vamach1

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1, 1972 Sprint convertible, 2004 Mach1
I'm going drive the sprint today on Veterans day.

Does 'being stuck in traffic wishing I was driving my Mach 1' count? :D
Star_Photo_small.JPG

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Scored a complete (almost pristine) front clip from a '72 Fastback for my Rustang. Got the frame rails, cross members, radiator support, shock towers, and torque boxes. Also found a really nice trunk lid (from the same car) - all for only $450 (most of which is labor from having to remove it from the car and pull the engine/tranny).

I tried to get the guy to just sell me the whole car, but he mentioned something about "it can't leave the yard unless it's going to the crusher," or some weird legal issue like that.

I will be going back for more stuff, though.

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
While waiting for my Mom (so I could put her new mirrors on her T-Bird), I started taking the dashboard apart. Most of the trim pieces are still in really good shape - just need some cleaning and repainting... and get some new ones down the road (with the chrome trim that's faded out on mine). The steel dash panel itself will need to be sanded down and repainted, but it's usable.

So far, it looks like I've got a lot of work ahead of me.

72HCODE

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1.
Finished cleaning my Rain gutter rails and roof on both sides of my car getting ready to install new parts and hopefully solve a leaking roof.

73vertproject

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible H Code, 351C 2V FMX
Mentally calculated how many more miles I can get on the passenger side front tire with most of the steel belts showing (as a result of the front end needing to be rebuilt so badly). I'm thinking between 10 and 15, but making sure the jack and spare are in good shape just in case.

Doc

bkelley

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1

• 351C-4V "Q-Code"
• Cammed, Hooker Longtubes, Edelbrock Manifold, Holley 600CFM, Glasspacks, Unknown Gears
• C4 Auto
Messed around with my carburetor. Just got it rebuilt and I need to dial it in.

72HCODE

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1.
just masked off my driver's side roof rail and Bombed it yellow, tomorrow i mask off the passenger side and bomb it yellow.

worked on my Quarter windows, ordered new seals, some new hardware showed up, still waiting on more.

bkelley

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1

• 351C-4V "Q-Code"
• Cammed, Hooker Longtubes, Edelbrock Manifold, Holley 600CFM, Glasspacks, Unknown Gears
• C4 Auto
Drove her around the block for the first time. Was surprised with how well the tranny held up. Was planning for the worst but was pleasantly surprised with how it was shifting. It actually idled up the driveway in reverse. If the carb was all dialed in I could have easily lit up the tires all the way down the block. Can't wait until I actually can. Couldn't believe how much power it had even with the carb out of tune. Had a smile on my face for an hour afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

72HCODE

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1.
Painted passenger side roof today. Replaced quarter window seals repaired a mistake I made 4 years ago.

Finally got the correct hardware screws I needed just waiting on sealant and sealer.

Reaction score
My Car
73 mach 1, 73 fastback, 07 f150, , 09 HD ultra classic
Cleaned the mating surfaces for my intake. It said pull the dowel pins.

That took a little bit. Test fit the intake. Looks pretty good. Need to paint a couple of spots on the heads. Hope to get it together friday.

bkelley

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1

• 351C-4V "Q-Code"
• C4 Auto
Got a new fuel pump and looked around for new points to put in my distributor. It's an old Accel that's been discontinued for like 25 years so finding parts is kinda hard.

droptop73

VIP Members
Staff member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
Drove to the gas station and topped it off with fuel. Drove home and parked it for winter. Hoping to get it up in the air tomorrow.

72HCODE

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1.
nothing waiting on parts. so i'm painting models :D

Latest posts