What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got the rocker studs and roller rockers installed and set-up.

For those with 351C-2Vs who want roller rockers and don't want to machine the 2V heads to fit 7/16" studs, I recommend getting some Crane Cams 5/16"-7/16" studs (p/n: 52655-16 - Crane Rocker Arm Guideplate Conversion Kits. Summit: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRN-52655-16/). A little bit of a PITA to install, but I got it figured out today.

I found it odd that CompCams didn't have a kit like this - a little disappointing... I would've bought one to keep the CompCams valve-train theme going, but oh well.

Also got a few things 'blasted and painted today, and picked up some engine mounts.

Gotta kick it into high-gear starting next weekend though - gotta get the cowl damage repaired, rehab the whole trunk area, install the rear suspension, rebuild the rear axle, drop in the engine and transmission and get the battery tray welded in before the end of the year. The Auto Hobby Shop is definitely going to be closing soon - and I think I can pretty much handle the rest of the 'little stuff' in the driveway.

woke up 5am to prep the car for a show today. 7:30am and I'm on the road half way there. I get a phone call and was reminded it was my neices B-Day...Oooops! :-/ Flipped a bitch, raced home and parked the ole stang. Best to miss this show and live to show another day :D

woke up 5am to prep the car for a show today. 7:30am and I'm on the road half way there. I get a phone call and was reminded it was my neices B-Day...Oooops! :-/ Flipped a bitch, raced home and parked the ole stang. Best to miss this show and live to show another day :D

Geez, you lucked out on that one! :D

I drove mine for what seems to have been the last time this year and washed it, so it's clean when it gets covered up for the next few months. :dodgy:

I unloaded the latest one from the trailer and played Mach 1 shuffle in my back yard. It doesn't look too bad back there but I'm too embarrassed to post a backyard pic. I hope no one takes a satellite pic of my area anytime soon cause that sucker would be around for years on the web! :-/

I unloaded the latest one from the trailer and played Mach 1 shuffle in my back yard. It doesn't look too bad back there but I'm too embarrassed to post a backyard pic. I hope no one takes a satellite pic of my area anytime soon cause that sucker would be around for years on the web! :-/
What was your physical address again? :p

Google "Don's U-Pull-It Salvage, Sales, & Wannabe Restored Mach 1 Adventure Playground" for the address.

Started sanding and prepping the metal to coat with the POR15 I have left over nlast night. Then I'm going to buy some Rust Bullet and see how it works especially on the areas that will be seeing sunlight (engine compartment, bottom the hood) Heading out to inventory body panels I have to check for duplicates and help Don out.

Google "Don's U-Pull-It Salvage, Sales, & Wannabe Restored Mach 1 Adventure Playground" for the address.
Steven, if you Google "Don's U-Pull-It Salvage, Sales, & Wannabe Restored Mach 1 Adventure Playground"

Make sure you look for the Alabama location, not the Ohio one

Last edited by a moderator:
Steven, if you Google "Don's U-Pull-It Salvage, Sales, & Wannabe Restored Mach 1 Adventure Playground"

Ah Yes, That's right - the competition or just the southern conection?

Bwahahahaha! I thought I had the only one! :D

Ah Yes, That's right - the competition or just the southern conection?
I have no desire to be a competition...just want to fix up 1 for me and 1 each for my 3 boys. All the rest I plan to get rid of...Bro-in-law Brad has the 71 H code, Robert's getting the yellow 73 H, both have already disappeared from my signature, Mark's getting engine mounts, Roy's claimed C-pillars & a seat rail. Everything I don't need has got to go...but I need to inventory first before I go crazy with it. :p

Nice! Are those TMI upholstery kits, and if so - are they the 'sport' style?

Lookin' spiffy, Roy!

Seats going together
Looking good! I played with the baby all day and didn't get the seat track mailed. Ok, it was really cold outside with the 20 mph North wind so I said to myself "Roy can wait another day on the seat track".

Nice! Are those TMI upholstery kits, and if so - are they the 'sport' style?

Lookin' spiffy, Roy!
Another OMS style :D

Seats going together
Looking good! I played with the baby all day and didn't get the seat track mailed. Ok, it was really cold outside with the 20 mph North wind so I said to myself "Roy can wait another day on the seat track".
-1 Reputation point:dodgy: LOL Don't make me add you to the CRAPPY vendor list

Putting a coat of high heat primer on one of my Hedman headers. Gonna get the other one sanded up and ready, tonight.

Putting a coat of high heat primer on one of my Hedman headers. Gonna get the other one sanded up and ready, tonight.
Grrrr! You're getting rid of the inline 6?! Not my car brother anymore?! Uhhhh!!! Jeje!!

Back