What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
::beer:: ::thumb::
Hey if that gas filler neck is good pull it. you cannot buy them
Yea it's good got a little rust in it but can be cleaned up, keep looking at pics thinking if anything else i can snatch, think i got just about everything that can be re-used. will go over car again tomorrow to be sure i don't miss anything
Rob,

You should sawzall off the rest of both quarter panels above where they join at the roof ..& leave the entire rain gutter (where the rear window goes) intact. Having those parts of the qtr will allow someone to make a full otr with a new replacement otr. Also if the shock towers are decent you should cut them out..Someone might be able to use a section of them for a patch on theirs.

Worked on removing the old rear springs tonight to get ready for the rear end installation.
Mark got your PM.

Should have all you need, actually disecting a 72 right now.

After looking at these pics...

FIRST PLEASE, switch your concrete blocks.

Turn them the other way and put a piece of 2 x 10 or 2 x 12 on them for the jack stands

1- the blocks are not stong the way you have them turned

2- the way the blocks are, if they fracture it will be an instant drop.

3- if you put a piece of 2 by on the block the jack stand won't slip / slide

Don

Saw Don's PM and laughed like hell. My cars weight is always on the stainless stands, I just put those there for rear frame rail support during the spring change beacause I worrry about things moving. But he is spot on about blocks and properly supporting a car in that manner and it's great to know there are people looking out for us. +1 Don

Good call, since - you know - our cars weight like 4 tons (if you ask any owner of an earlier model, that is). ;)

Took the wheels to the powder coater this weekend.

2a0gx02.jpg

Finished removing the vinyle top glue and cut and ground off the trim studs. Then sanded it down with 80 grit to remove the surface rust and remaining glue. Had a visit from my QC inspector(was beginning to think she only liked Chevelles). Don't think she's too impressed with me trying my hand at bodywork. :p

DSCN1306.JPGDSCN1307.JPGDSCN1308.JPG

Cowl area put back together to include for the first time the wipers and associated parts. Also received my box of goodies from Don at OMS, now for a few pics oh and my new console being readied for shipment to be carbon fibered

ResizedImage951323810872634.jpg

console.jpg

Nice day ..got the front frame rail & cross member media blasted..Got inside the right rear torque box media blasted too..Then 2 juicy coats of rust bullet on both. I have the front patch ready to go..Just need to do the rear patch..Then it's floor time !! :D I really love the fact of knowing that these areas are now fully cleaned & protected from ever rusting again..Something you can't accomplish when they are closed up..Oh & we took more video to add to the floor replacement video I'm making for you guy's

BEFORE

100_3027.JPG

AFTER

100_3049.JPG

REAR TORQUE BOX READY TO FABRICATE LOWER PATCH

100_3054.JPG

Spent an hour on the phone with Qcode351 (feel like I should at least pay some tuition) about path forward as far as floor panels and trunk pieces. Then started seeing the places I missed during media blasting. So, sanded some more!!;) At least it didn't have undercoating on it. :p

DSCN1313.JPGDSCN1314.JPG

I played Mach 1 parts shuffle in the garage all afternoon! I'm beat!

Talked to Robert on the phone a little while ago and learned that part of my old 73 parts car roof support is headed to Scott. I'm glad that the car will live on to make good cars even better. It pleases me even more to know it's helping my friend's car become better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played Mach 1 parts shuffle in the garage...too all afternoon! I'm beat!

Talked to Robert on the phone a little while ago and learned that part of my old 73 parts car roof support is headed to Scott. I'm glad that the car will live on to make good cars even better.
Yep thanks Robert & Don !! :D I'm actually going to use those pieces as extras in addition to mine to really stiffen up the roof structure. It's going to save me a bunch of work having to fabricate my own supports.

Filled up the tank, and boy was it a party. My 73 mustang was there along with a 69 Cuda, and 56 Bel-air and the new 302 Boss.

Took the wheels to the powder coater this weekend.

2a0gx02.jpg
Apparently the powder coater had a problem with their sand blaster this week. Won't get the back til next week. :-(

My friend the retired welder Bill came over today and we set up my mig for the panels. Again, you can never know too many great people. Thanks so much Bill. :blush:

DSCN1317.JPG

Took the cover off ....sighed ...and started her up.....sighed again ......and put the cover on again... WINTER SUCKS!
I know what you mean. :( Same here! :dodgy:

Today the sun is shining for the first time in two weeks but there is salt on the roads, so no way I can take her for a ride.

Getting sick of driving the Fiat 500 or the VW!

Back