What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took some coke and tinfoil to the wheels today, and hosed the crap off. Made a big difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rum and coke works well, at least for the first 1-2 hours depending upon how much you use and can still keep focus...lollerz

Took some coke and tinfoil to the wheels today, and hosed the crap off. Made a big difference

Rum and coke works well, at least for the first 1-2 hours depending upon how much you use and can still keep focus...lollerz
Randy after drinking rum and coke for an hour EVERYTHING looks better.

After two hours ... who cares :D

Last edited by a moderator:

It would be difficult to do with the tires on since they would float. I use molasses for cleaning anything with rust. You don't have to scrub with your hands just put it in the tank, barrel, container with the molasses and let it set. It will take the rust off leave the paint and chrome and no efforts except to wash off the molasses. It takes about two weeks for the average rusty mustang part. Pics I have posted before of Magnum 500 that sat in barn for 25 years or more. There was crusty rust on the inside and back of the rim with some on the chrome. Wheel looks great now. After cleaning I prepped the back side and inside and sprayed with clear to stop the rust. I just waxed the chrome to seal it. Mix feed grade molasses with water 9 to 1. So 5 gallons of molasses gets you 50 gallons of rust stripper. Not toxic, no effort, less than $20.00 for the five gallons. The cheap plastic barrels with lids work great. The big totes for bulk liquids with the top cut out lets you do about anything. Works on any ferrous metal have not put aluminum in to see what happens.

It will clean a brake drum or rotor spotless, exhaust manifolds, engine blocks without oil or grease. WILL NOT TAKE OIL OR GREASE OFF.

I do like the rum also Midlife. Went to Cuba last year and their Havana Club rum is the best.

I am over my limit on pictures just do a search of the site for Molasses and I am sure some pictures will come up.

New side stripes

New specialty wheels

New chin spoiler

New Dunlop tires

331dngi.jpg

sandblasted my passenger side headlight housing. gonna have to find a driver side because of a shotty repair job.

On my way to my hometown for the first time (2011) since we pulled her out of the pasture. Stopping at the dealership that sold her to dad to take pictures and then a car show tomorrow.
4d9840484c7ed634ce0c24ea92eb4bb8.jpg

Back