What did you do today instead of working on your Mustang?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this tool box sitting in a So Cal alley, in the rain. Five days earlier, I saw it sitting there and thought, someone must be coming by to pick it up, like a thrift store. Also, it was sitting next to the trash cans. So, with some of the drawers opened and full of water, I decided it would be a shame to see it taken to the dump.

So, I took it home, spent five days to disassemble it and unrust it. And this is what it now looks like:

IMG_2952.jpeg

I decided to give it to my son. It will be his first tool box. I feel good that I saved it. Now, back to my 73 Stang.

I found this tool box sitting in a So Cal alley, in the rain. Five days earlier, I saw it sitting there and thought, someone must be coming by to pick it up, like a thrift store. Also, it was sitting next to the trash cans. So, with some of the drawers opened and full of water, I decided it would be a shame to see it taken to the dump.

So, I took it home, spent five days to disassemble it and unrust it. And this is what it now looks like:

View attachment 88083

I decided to give it to my son. It will be his first tool box. I feel good that I saved it. Now, back to my 73 Stang.
Nice save! Many more years of service left in that set!

Yea, felt good to give it a second life. And don’t tell me Karma isn’t real, when I picked it up, the upper drawers were rusted shut, and the thing was very heavy. Once I got the first drawer to move, I realized it had a complete 1/2” Craftsman socket set in it; SAE and metric, short and long sockets, 4 extensions, all covered in muck. My newly found ultrasound cleaner make it all look as good as new. 😁

I thought I posted this and realized I hadn't yet. Last month my wife and I went to New Orleans with three of my best friends from high school and their wives. One of the wives saw an "old car like you have" down a side street and I of course went to check out a 63-ish Continental four door convertible with the suicide doors. Cool enough in it's own right, but it was a car show filming. Ride of your Life with Courtney Hanson was filming the reveal to the owner there right off of Bourbon street. Two of the guys from the Royl Garage from the show that work on the cars were there. They were really nice and opened the hood and one of them explained all of the things they did while performing the make over. It was interesting to learn that they finish the car after they film. They dull down the paint and chrome and they re-plate the chrome after the filming so you don't see the cameras and crew in the reflection.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2208.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2208.jpg
    778.3 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_2204.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2204.jpg
    743.1 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_2216.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2216.jpg
    791.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back