What engine do you have?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What engine is in you 71-73 Mustang?

• Total voters
That would be great!I thought I had found the "Holy Grail" until the negative on the drive shaft.I would love to run one so that I could keep my gears.Does your freind use it on the track, like a low first / first ,low second / second etc....? Thanks!

He takes off in first direct then turn on gear vendor for first over than you shift to second turn off gear vendor and run threw second then back to second over. On the street put in drive and 40-45 turn on for third over . When I had my F250 460 C6 towing my 5th wheel I used second over allot. Before I installed it well pulling hills I would pull it down to and tach out the 460. If I let down shift on it own it fall on it face. With gear vendor hit the hill turn on gear vendor and pull from D to second at same time and let her pull . A much happier 460. I did ISKI CAM DOUG THORLEY HEADERS 3" FLOW MASTER first but gear vendor fixed the problem. Will be installing one in my brothers 70 BOSS 302 this sumer.Will see how it goes. MIKE.

I've got a 460 in the Mach 1 and a rebuilt 351C in the Falcon XB (from a 71 Mach).

Haha, the 302's are gaining ground but we'll never catch up to all the 351's out there!

Haha, the 302's are gaining ground but we'll never catch up to all the 351's out there!
BAM!! Throw another 351 on the pile (I had also forgotten to vote...) ;)

Hi Mustang Member

Thats my first post

My name is Andreas and i come from Europe

I have a roller 460cid with a dual quad Blue Thunder intake and 2 660 Holley carbs

Oh yeah.... I thought there was something missing from the poll. D'Oh!

Worn 351C.My plan is to stay current. Switch FMX with C6 and install the GEAR DEALERS under / overdrive trans tail unit that gives me 6 speeds. I installed N case Trac loc in the case of 3.50 out of 73 Mach1.

532!!!!

Had a 302 and will never go back. My 66 has a 289 and it just fits that car better. The amount of torque a big block makes my 72 feel like a bottle rocket. 302s are great engines but ill save em for smaller cars.

532!!!!

Had a 302 and will never go back. My 66 has a 289 and it just fits that car better. The amount of torque a big block makes my 72 feel like a bottle rocket. 302s are great engines but ill save em for smaller cars.
LOL as Cobra says go big or go home or something like that:p

I still have the original 351HO in mine. It has never been out of the car and still runs great.

WOW, seems im the low man on the totem pole today, still rocking a 302. Well to be honest its a 5.0 stroked to 347.

Currently have 351c-2v with a knock and low oil pressure. Have plans for a 460 based bb w/C6 install later in the spring.

you guys with the big blocks are makin me crazy. My buudy has a 460 for me for 200$ but I want to run the 351c for a while {since I just rebuilt it}. but I am definatly getting that engine and will probably stroke it someday.

Your are all power! I have the only I6 vote! Je!

Never been out of the car as far as i know and numbers maching 1 of 1 so... Even if my grandma walks fast than my 72 runs, i'll keep it untouched!!

Just need another car to "go big"!

Back