"What if?" What are your "what if"'s

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay...I've been searching for Eleanor lights for some time now...not sure if I would ever really pull the trigger but it has been on my mind. I was wondering what kind of comments this post might get about them. I see the busy comment...but..I don't have the running lights in the grill so I'm thinking it might work. What do you think?
I dig running lights have you considered the Shelby Europa look?

71 Shelby Europa twins tops down.jpg

Love the blue car! Must be something in our psyche about originality though...can you do the blue car again with the sports lamps?
Sure, tomorrow.

I dropped the lights because in 69 ford felt that the Boss needed that big scoop and assumed that they would follow through in the later years especially since the turn signals wouldn't be needed in racing trim.

- there is a method to my madness...

I dig running lights have you considered the Shelby Europa look?
Haven't really thought about that look...I'll have to think on it. I really like my grill so it's a tough one.
I'll toss some thought onto your pict in the next couple of days and you can judge them without costing $$.

That looks pretty cool...but for me I love the shape of our cars like they are. A few tweaks are cool but don't want to stray too far...
Yeah, its all fun, I'm just playing, these cars stock are not plain by any means. A completely stock one in any configuration will still curl my toes.

My particular car was wrecked before I got it, wrecked when I got it, cobbled up by a teenage version of myself, and drag raced, the core body is about the only original thing left on it. I haven't a problem with going the restomod route with it. However, if I were to happen onto a mostly original car in any form, I it wouldn't even been a consideration eye candy mods, stock all the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Shelby Europa had Marshall lights instead of the standard sport lamps.

The driving lights under the bumper, near the license plate remind me of the 70-71 Cuda.

Love the blue car! Must be something in our psyche about originality though...can you do the blue car again with the sports lamps?
there you go...

boss460d.jpg

Haven't really thought about that look...I'll have to think on it. I really like my grill so it's a tough one
image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

Well done with the blue one!

If you want to get us excited further, see if you can mould the front so that it can hold a couple of lights like "E".

If it looks like they were meant to be there, I think many will warm to the idea!

Haven't really thought about that look...I'll have to think on it. I really like my grill so it's a tough one
Wow...try before you buy! Very nice work my friend. I like the first one the best with the two lights in the grill. Something to think really hard on. Thanks for giving me the image so I can really think it through.

custom design 1.jpg

Cheers!

John

Starting in '74 the Mercury Montego and Mercury Cougar were in effect the same car...only styling and option content was unique to each.

From '73 until '79, Ford got a LOT of use out of that basic platform...which is Ok to me because I really like that platform.

Models on that platform included: Torino, Elite, LTD-II, Thunderbird, Montego and Cougar.

Scary thought: what if product planners had followed the same path as Cougar, and made the new '74 Mustang another Torino-derivative. Based off a '73 Torino Fastback it could probably have been designed to look appropriate...but even with the much-lamented Mustang II that did come out, I'm glad they didn't use the bigger platform. If they did, at least it wouldn't have been the 71-73s saddled with the derogatory "Clydesdale" nickname.

Lets see some photoshop wizardry on a 73 Torino fastback with some Mustang pizzazz!

Last edited:
Ok, somehow I missed the renders of the blue car. That's the downside of Tapatalk, sometimes pictures don't load.

I absolutely love it!! That huge scoop molded into the look of a standard NASA hood is way cool, as is the new bumper design which takes the idea of the original shape a step further.

The hidden headlamp one looks very 69 Camaro but I love it.

Now, let's talk business: Who can make one of these hoods for me? :)

I'm not turning a bolt until I have a plan. I have been tossing around so many possibilities but I keep coming back to this thought...
What if my older brother had kept his '67 GT500 427 medium riser. He gave $4700 for it when he graduated college in 1977. Shown here weeks after graduation with his shepherd.

I'm not turning a bolt until I have a plan. I have been tossing around so many possibilities but I keep coming back to this thought...
What if my older brother had kept his '67 GT500 427 medium riser. He gave $4700 for it when he graduated college in 1977. Shown here weeks after graduation with his shepherd.

Couldn't touch that car for 47k right now. My dad tells me stories of being a kid and finding old Mach 1st for 1500 bucks race em on the weekend and throw em away back in early 80s.

Back