What Muscle Car?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...he said 2nd car so narrowing it down to a single vehicle is really difficult. Being partial to convertibles... here goes. Love this car, I see will e's got good taste too! I had a '70 GTX years ago with the 440 so I know what kind of damage it can do!

JHawk

440cuda1.jpg

cuda440_1.png

cuda440_4.png

cuda440_2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't answer, all of cars I've ever really wanted were Mustangs.

My one and only slight departure, was an '83 5.0 H.O. Capri RS. It was technically a Mercury Mustang I bought in '86.

After that I bought a latter '90s new Mustang GT that is still my daily driver

Oddly enough, I've never wanted a Vette, or a Camaro, or had an interest in any of the other cars from the era I grew up in. When I saw my first Mustang at 7 years old in April of '64, I was hooked.

I must have been that kid Iaccoca was aiming for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...he said 2nd car so narrowing it down to a single vehicle is really difficult. Being partial to convertibles... here goes. Love this car, I see will e's got good taste too! I had a '70 GTX years ago with the 440 so I know what kind of damage it can do!

JHawk
Wow! I'm totally blown away with that interior, damn that's special, I really like it.. :) Awesome car, that's on my wish list too :D

Without a doubt, for me an XA GT preferably a 2 door, but a 4 door will do just fine also and with a factory toploader. Thanks Luke for putting up those pics of those XA GT's, that one in wild violet with white trim (best combo for a XA GT) takes me back to being a kid. The guy a few doors up the road had one with that combo, with a wind back sunroof, power windows and was apparently one of the quickest cars around back in its day. He use to start it up every morning and I'd sit at my window listening to him warm it up, then watch him drive past, but the biggest thing was going for a drive in it, as I was friends with his son. What a joy as a rev head kid who loved cars going for a drive in such an awesome car. The calypso green one, if that's the original Phase 4, then that's the only car to escape from all three manufacturers from the supercar scare, before the fun police got their way with getting these cars banned in 72. Any car person in Australia knows about this extremely rare car, about its pedigree, its history and how lucky we are that the car actually survives at all. I'm so glad that the "dentist" is the guy that bought this car back in 85 (for $20 000) and has kept this rare car and restored it back to its original condition, so it has lived on. But my ultimate XA GT would be coupe in either Ultra White or Yellow Fire with black trim, oh well maybe one day, but for now I'm more than happy with my 73 Mustang convertible and the 72 XA GS under restoration.

IMG_0610.JPG

Thanks for all the different post on this subject. This all started when my wife told me she wanted a muscle car too. She remembered seeing a black with white striped 69 SS RS Camaro at a car show we attended with the Mach 1. She said that she really liked that car and thought it would be a car that fit her.

We talked about some other cars she might like as well. Such as:

1970-72 Olds 442 W30

1970 Chevelle SS 396/454

I am not sure what we will settle on but we are in no hurry to buy right now. After all the hunt is all part of the fun of finding just the right car! I will soon have lots of time to do the fun things in life.

'69 AMX.

'69 scrambler

AMC hornet sc/360

'70 nova.

'70 camaro ss 396

'70 Monte Carlo 454.

69 Dart GTS

69 Roadrunner

'71 Road runner/satellite/GTX

66 plympouth Fury

White 1970 Challenger R/T

67-70 Mercury cougar

2003 blue Mercury Marauder

Ford:

'66/67 fairlane.

'63 1/2 fastback galaxy.

'63 Maruader

'57 custom 300 with a mcculloch supercharged 312.

Mike, I had a '72 Hurst/Olds convertible for several years...fantastic car! Basically a 442 with H/O trim on it.

That car had the "Velvet Brute" in it: Oldsmobile's "factory blueprinted" Rocket 455, the only stock big block I liked equally as much as my Ford's Cobra Jet.

That car handled great, was comfortable and great to drive...just a great car. And that engine was as sweet as can be.

Too bad mine had so much rust and body damage, I definitely would have ressurected it otherwise. I miss that car.

My wife loved driving it too.

Definitely better than any "just another" Chevelle!

Non Ford: 69 Camaro SS 375 horse 396

70 Monte Carlo SS 454

Any Chrysler product with a 440 Six Pak

Any Javelin with the 401 (I'm a closet AMC fan)

....I have to mention a couple of Fords for equal air time

69 or 70 Boss 429

67 Fairlane or Mercury Cyclone with 427

Anything with a 429 CJ/SCJ

1970-72 Cuda, preferably a 71 because of the grille and the 4 headlights.

1971-72 Plymouth Roadrunner or GTX.

Back