What would you do to your mustang if you had unlimited $$$

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like what Goolsby did with the front fenders and hood but I'd keep the grille more stock appearing. I'd maintain my vision for the completed project but use some higher end custom parts. Definitely a resto-mod style but with some real custom body touches that would look stock but different. A center exit Shelby style exhaust under the license plate a T-bird style taillight, rear bumper treatment like from Murray's rendering a few years ago. It would above all be a very drivable piece, no trailer queen. Just some ideas!

6.jpg

I like what Goolsby did with the front fenders and hood but I'd keep the grille more stock appearing. I'd maintain my vision for the completed project but use some higher end custom parts. Definitely a resto-mod style but with some real custom body touches that would look stock but different. A center exit Shelby style exhaust under the license plate a T-bird style taillight, rear bumper treatment like from Murray's rendering a few years ago. It would above all be a very drivable piece, no trailer queen. Just some ideas!
Nice! I would buy mine a sibling to keep it company in the garage...a new Shelby 350R!

One thing I almost did years ago was go reverse tech on a mustang. I was going to take a 65 mustang vert and put a full built flathead V-8 in it. MCA rules just say it has to have a Ford engine not what year. I bet you would get some strange looks from those walking by and they would not know what the heck it was. That would probably be a first and the flathead I was going to use would burn a stock 289 between red lights. Use to turn in the 80's at 1/4 mile in high 15's about the same as a stock 289. I rant T or U stock and 289 4-V was F stock back in the 60's Was lots of fun to beat one of the new cars and they want to see the engine and it was a flathead, by no means stock, lol.

David

I'd park it right between the 1969 Shelby GT500 convertible and the Shelby 427 Cobra coupe in front of the 1965 Mustang GT fastback and behind the 1967 Mustang GT fastback two over from the 1972 Ford Rancharo GT or two from the left of the 1971 Boss 351 in Grabber Green. You get the idea. I love Fords.

Back