What year is best (It has to be done)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite year?

Votes: 32 60.4%

Votes: 8 15.1%

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
just a little tid bit. I saw a few mentions of the original gone in sixty seconds. It was actually 71 dressed up as 73 you can see the marker lights under the bumper. {hope I'm not breaking any hearts haha :blush: :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for the 73's, but I agree the 71's did have the best engine choices, but I prefer the script "Mustang" emblem on the trunk lid that the 72/73's have instead of the Mustang spelled out across the whole back of the trunk lid. I like the unique aluminum wheels that were only available on the 73's instead of the more common Magnum 500 wheels. And remember, only the 73's have the cool red illuminated "Fasten Seat Belt" sign above the glove box ;). All said, I would never kick any of them out of my garage!

I voted for the 73's, but I agree the 71's did have the best engine choices, but I prefer the script "Mustang" emblem on the trunk lid that the 72/73's have instead of the Mustang spelled out across the whole back of the trunk lid. I like the unique aluminum wheels that were only available on the 73's instead of the more common Magnum 500 wheels. And remember, only the 73's have the cool red illuminated "Fasten Seat Belt" sign above the glove box ;). All said, I would never kick any of them out of my garage!
No no no no no Mike!! my 72 has the really cool red light too!! :) And yes!! it is original of the car so... leru leruuuuu mine has it tooo!!! jeje

Doesnt work by the way... :mad:

I guess I got a '73 dash in my '72 F code! I have the "Fasten Seat Belt" indicator in mine. The buzzer drives me crazy because my dog sits in the passenger seat and she's just heavy enough to trip the switch occasionally, so the buzzer constantly goes on and off!

No no no no no Mike!! my 72 has the really cool red light too!! :) And yes!! it is original of the car so... leru leruuuuu mine has it tooo!!! jeje

I responded too quickly and didn't see Damian's post! Damian, have you traced the wires out to see if they are broken? There's a switch in the seatbelt reel that senses when the seat belt is deployed, and I think there is a sensor in the seat that sees if someone is sitting in the seat.

That's interesting, the 1972 Mustang Brochure in the dash picture does not show the fasten seat belt light in it. I wonder if all the 72's have them or if it was a mid-year change?

I voted 1971, but only because of the engine options.

Damián, there is a way to get your seat belt light working again, see my original post here:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-what-did-you-do-to-your-car-today?pid=20649#pid20649

My apologies to all you 73 grill lovers. If for no other reason, I am a 71/72 fan cause I love the grill. I spent hundereds of dollars to get just that look on my pony. While mine is a 72, and I had a 72 when I was a kid in HS, I think I am a 71 fan the most.

No matter what, the big ponies RULE! :p

I was thinking about this some more. I think in the Convertible/Grande I like the 73 for the cleaner look with the front grill and bumper.

For the Mach I and fastback I like the 71.

Some days I like the hockey stick stripes, some days I like the 73.

Oh well... I like them all!

I voted 1971, but only because of the engine options.

Damián, there is a way to get your seat belt light working again, see my original post here:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-what-did-you-do-to-your-car-today?pid=20649#pid20649

Great info!!... I missed that when you posted!!... You know.. my car has everything over there but i still have some wiring on some boxes :(

the buzzer on the seat belts is not connected either and maybe, this light works with that harness somehow... i´m gonna check it and if i dont get the clue of how this is supposed to work, i´ll go with your system ;)

Thanks!!

Great info!!... I missed that when you posted!!... You know.. my car has everything over there but i still have some wiring on some boxes :(

the buzzer on the seat belts is not connected either and maybe, this light works with that harness somehow... i´m gonna check it and if i dont get the clue of how this is supposed to work, i´ll go with your system ;)

Thanks!!
Yep, I was pretty happy to find that little seat belt light device for sale - so simple to install too, and the light coming on for the first 20 seconds is really cool and effective especially at night time.

Mine has a working buzzer, but it's not related to the seats in any way. The buzzer goes off when the door is opened with the key left in the ignition (I would actually like to sometime replace the buzzer with a more modern and pleasant sounding chime)

Count one more 72 with the "fasten belt" light. I can't remember what my build date was off the top of my head..

Back