Where have you been ? photo's

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's cool Hyena. When i wasnt much bigger than a squirrel I was invited to go out and watch the 82nd Airborne at Ft. Bragg. Cool stuff, the AH-56 Cheyenne helicopter. The AH 56 was there but the unit was discontinued due to reliability issues. I didnt know it then but they were cancelled that year and I may have been one of the last people (well everybody that was there that day) to see this thing. My uncle was a seasoned 5 timer in Nam and I'm PRETTY SURE he refers to them as Eff'n Gooks to this day. The 56 was scrapped and the Apache took its place, got to see one of those much later.

The beginning

Lockheed_AH-56_Cheyenne.jpg

replaced by the AH 64 in '75

boeing_ah_64a_apache_l2.jpg

Okay I really did just look through 6 pages of threads. I'm sure I over looked the one where we were discussing some "history" of our youth and the not so admirable things we did.... (well at least me and Luke did :D). I probably over looked it BUT the following IS kinda a place I've been or done!

00303_h5dtHz9bQRa_600x450.jpg

other than the paint job I swear this is EXACTLY the same set up as the 750-4 stolen bike I rode for awhile......:whistling:

now mind you ... "I" didnt steal it nor was I any where around the site of illegal transition from owner to borrower .... I simply borrowed it from the guy who DID!!

The NSA probably has a back up of you r currently lost pictures. And i bet they are circulating pictures of your wife in a bikini:p
If they have, then they have even better pics. Hint: No bikini!! :cool:

Okay I really did just look through 6 pages of threads. I'm sure I over looked the one where we were discussing some "history" of our youth and the not so admirable things we did.... (well at least me and Luke did :D). I probably over looked it BUT the following IS kinda a place I've been or done!

00303_h5dtHz9bQRa_600x450.jpg

other than the paint job I swear this is EXACTLY the same set up as the 750-4 stolen bike I rode for awhile......:whistling:

now mind you ... "I" didnt steal it nor was I any where around the site of illegal transition from owner to borrower .... I simply borrowed it from the guy who DID!!
Funny..My cousin had the same 750..It was painted with blue flames on black...lol..Must of been popular at the time..it got crashed on a test drive and was never the same..lol

Here is a pic i snapped at the world finals in spokane...The last AHRA track and this was the last World finals ever to happen for AHRA..I hear they are tring to make a come back thou.

DSCF0183.JPG

hyena that bike set up was popular and those square headlights really set apart the wanna beez with the cool guys going for that chopper look. Back in the day it was the badest of the bad. Friend of mine had a similar bike and we were raising some hell, passed a cop...chase ensued i was riding bitch on the event... reached around to cover the license plate with my hands to prevent the officer from seeing the plate as we hauled butt on our get away.

The AHRA....that is pretty cool

download.php

hyena that bike set up was popular and those square headlights really set apart the wanna beez with the cool guys going for that chopper look. Back in the day it was the badest of the bad. Friend of mine had a similar bike and we were raising some hell, passed a cop...chase ensued i was riding bitch on the event... reached around to cover the license plate with my hands to prevent the officer from seeing the plate as we hauled butt on our get away.

The AHRA....that is pretty cool
Ohh yes.everyone wanted the chopper look at that time..even the whimpy bikes..remember the honda rebel? Lmao

Cool mustang funny car...I took a shot of this mustang funny car couple years ago at the local drag strip..His tow car is that mach 1 all matching colors..Coolest set up i seen in a while for a 71-73 funny car.

mach1drag2.jpg

mach1drag1.jpg

mach1drag.jpg

very cool shot with the Mach next to the funny car.

I was trying to find a shot of Billy Meyers ( owner of Texas Motorplex) He ran a 71 Mach....back in the day

m8drag.JPG

Tucson-Sunset-DH.jpg

He ran right here in Kingwood BEFORE it was Kingwood. I heard rumors of "Eastex Dragway". So I did research and found that it was bought out and is now a drainage ditch to support the homes here in my community when the building of the neighborhood took off. BUT I DID find where it was and through research I found about 20 ole geezers that were drag racers there and shared their stories on FB. Really cool.

War horse is a classic!!

Old throw back picture time ...Me on the USS Carl Vinson taking a snap shot from a old 35mm ;) Miss seeing the old F-14's on deck.

img065.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can put a few in here as well, but all of my "good" pictures are on my desk top, in a bag, in a storage unit, in Colorado...

Al Asad AB, Iraq

Kaiserslaughtern, Germany

And more, from one of my trips to Germany. The view from one of the castles near Kaisersloughtern

And more, from one of my trips to Germany. The view from one of the castles near Kaisersloughtern

Some more shots, from Africa when I was in Djibouti. The French beach, a camel, and the back side of the Kempinski Palace. Mousha, Island. A vacation spot in the making..Day trip to the Cheetah Preserve.

C-130 in the Comoros Islands, VERY cool place.

And the last few shots from the Comoros. The Comoros are home to the Livingstone Brown Flying Fox, and the celocanth. Pretty cool!

http://dinofish.com/

al asad 021.jpg

al asad 128.jpg

germany 05 012.jpg

germany 05 065.jpg

germany 05 110.jpg

germany 05 177.jpg

germany 05 255.jpg

germany 05 983.jpg

germany 05 1058.jpg

germany 05 1022.jpg

Djibouti 003.jpg

Djibouti 030.jpg

Djibouti 179.jpg

Djibouti 237.jpg

Djibouti 297.jpg

Djibouti 650.jpg

Djibouti 610.jpg

Djibouti 630.jpg

Djibouti 656.jpg

Djibouti 703.jpg

Djibouti 708.jpg

Djibouti 581.jpg

Djibouti 583.jpg

War horse is a classic!!

Old throw back picture time ...Me on the USS Carl Vinson taking a snap shot from a old 35mm ;) Miss seeing the old F-14's on deck.
Cool this brings back memories. I think it was the Carl Vinson its XOs name was Ron. I remember poor old Ronny getting handed several fist size lumps of good manners in a Aussie pub, then my friend Rob sitting on his chest and explaining what to do in a pub fight and handing out a bit more of a practical demonstration. Ron turned out to be a pretty cool bloke after his little bit of schooling he had a taste for fine booze and bad woman. 2 redeeming feature's if ever there was.:D

I can put a few in here as well, but all of my "good" pictures are on my desk top, in a bag, in a storage unit, in Colorado...

Al Asad AB, Iraq

Kaiserslaughtern, Germany

Some great pics woodsnake...Now that looks like an adventure!!

War horse is a classic!!

Cool this brings back memories. I think it was the Carl Vinson its XOs name was Ron. I remember poor old Ronny getting handed several fist size lumps of good manners in a Aussie pub, then my friend Rob sitting on his chest and explaining what to do in a pub fight and handing out a bit more of a practical demonstration. Ron turned out to be a pretty cool bloke after his little bit of schooling he had a taste for fine booze and bad woman. 2 redeeming feature's if ever there was.:D
I would not dout it..My whole one side of the family is Navy...Must be something in the Navy types that make them love that booze;)..My gramps served in ww2 and worked on radar, For many years he was followed by men in black when he was home " cause of his secrects about radar" guy had a smart solid mind...But had a hell of a taste for fine booze...He would get toasted..and they would find him in a ditch and drag him home..lol

another pic i took while going under the golden gate bridge...they had to lean the ship so she would fit ;) took that with the old 35mm throw away cameras..lol

img064.jpg

The world is a BIG old place, I am grateful to have seen as much as I have. Even the not so pleasant spots in the middle east.

My biggest remaining goal is to make it Australia/New Zealand and Tasmania. I will have to pay for those myself though, as Uncle Sam has no more use for me...Keep them (pictures) coming!

Cooll photo's!! Those are good riding bikes..I know a guy who has a older silver wing i could get fully decked out for cheap....I thought about it." still mite" .but im a classic rider..i like the old break down machines...vintage old bikes that hurt you..BSA's.. Triumph's..Snort'in Norton's ;) and some vintage harleys...I got a thing for the classic.

Here is me on my big chopper...Big throw back...circa around 1977 guys...Rollin!! still remmeber how much the sun was hurting my eyes that day...Can see one of my dads old ambulances on the right..One of them had a pull out 8 track ..First pull out anti theft deck i ever seen..lol

The world is a BIG old place, I am grateful to have seen as much as I have. Even the not so pleasant spots in the middle east.

My biggest remaining goal is to make it Australia/New Zealand and Tasmania. I will have to pay for those myself though, as Uncle Sam has no more use for me...Keep them (pictures) coming!
It sure is!! I got alot of places too i'm saving up too see. Looking foward to seeing my families old stomping grounds in Wales.. Taking a small tour too of europe after...Launching point!!

Picture i took leaving Pearl Harbor on the Carl Vinson.. going by the old Arizona {Salute}

img009.jpg

img066.jpg

wildest ride I ever took other than jumping my VEGA off a hill was riding a friends (and he knew about it :D ) Triumph 750 Bonneville. It had to be about 73 or 74 model. A buddy of mine was just out of the hospital from a bike wreck with a paralyzed right arm. So I took him for a ride and he went right back to being the wild just as if the accident never happened. There was this long hill and he wanted me to pass three cars going uphill. Well ya just cant pass up a double dog dare.... so here we go!!! Well ole Ralpie did inform me the "throttle sticks a little"

Well he didnt bother to mention that it sticks a lot when attempting to pass three cars, riding 2 up and climbing a hill and the on coming traffic was closing in on my opportunity not to die very RAPIDLY!!!

Obviously by my ability to write this ...we made it.

750 bonneville is a classic ;) Had a few sticky trottle bikes my self..I had a old 175 sx harley endro when i was a kiddy i wheeled and dealed and got from a old biker....My cousin jumped on it before i could give him intructions on how to ride it proper..he tore off and the trottle stuck..he ran into a rail track full speed and crashed..my bike went into the weeds stuck on full trottle...i ran over a football field away till i heard the bike explode..I was so pissed...lol..he still feals bad about it too this day..Bike was hardly mint thou...it was a old beater i was runing around..but it had alot of power for a little bike..I opened up the head and the piston had a big chunk tore away from the top..and the piston ring peeled out and stuck to the top of the head...I cleaned it all up..The amazing part was i got it too start and run with no piston ring and a tore up piston..and it ran with more speed and power on the top end like no other bike !! it would hi rev to hell "the piston ring was no longer slowing it down"...lol..i ran the bike with a busted up piston and no ring for 2 more years..lol...it finaly started loosing TQ and would only run on full trottle..had no tq left..lol..A few times i tore down in front of some mechanic's and showed them the damage and all the ring chunks i had " you could almost put together a full ring" It put horrid scares on the side of the walls too...sucker ran like a raped ape...they would come back saying..damn..that is the fasted 175 i ever drove..lol

This will remind a few of old jaw 3 ;) Walking threw oregon coast aquarium under sea tunnels...it sure tripped out my old camera thou...would like to try my new one in there...cool to see sharks and such swiming around you thou.lol

DSCF0487.JPG

DSCF0489.JPG

DSCF0491.JPG

Back