Which carb do i have

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I respect your dedication to restore an American car in another country. Everything that we complain about with regard to ordering a part here in the states and waiting 2 or 3 days for delivery would be a blessing for you. Most of the carbs did have motorcraft in the casting. Here are some pictures of my 2100 I had restored. I have been very happy with the quality of the restoration and parts refinishing. The carb tag is specific to your carb and it manufacture date. Best source for very specific ID tags for your restoration would be Marti Autoworks. They are not cheap and require a long lead time to make. My id tags took 3 months and many calls to get shipped to me.

Carb 2100 2.jpg

Carb 2100.jpg

I respect your dedication to restore an American car in another country. Everything that we complain about with regard to ordering a part here in the states and waiting 2 or 3 days for delivery would be a blessing for you. Most of the carbs did have motorcraft in the casting. Here are some pictures of my 2100 I had restored. I have been very happy with the quality of the restoration and parts refinishing. The carb tag is specific to your carb and it manufacture date. Best source for very specific ID tags for your restoration would be Marti Autoworks. They are not cheap and require a long lead time to make. My id tags took 3 months and many calls to get shipped to me.
I think my first job is to find the correct part # for my specific carb for a 1971 351C 5.8L 351C. I put 2100 Motorcraft carb in Ebay and it appears to have differant applications for differant cars/trucks/years/engine size and types and all look differant

I think my first job is to find the correct part # for my specific carb for a 1971 351C 5.8L 351C. I put 2100 Motorcraft carb in Ebay and it appears to have differant applications for differant cars/trucks/years/engine size and types and all look differant
Did you check mustangtek.com? They have MOST of the carbs listed, but it is possible some are missing from their data base. It is also very possible the carb you have was NOT for your car, but someone put it on.............. I mean, it looks the same!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you check mustangtek.com? They have MOST of the carbs listed, but it is possible some are missing from their data base. It is also very possible the carb you have was NOT for your car, but someone put it on.............. I mean, it looks the same!!
Was'nt aware of that site. Thanks for heads-up

Here are the AMA Carb applications for 71. I have also attached the AMA listing for 71. They are posted in another thread somewhere on the site, but I cannot find them right now.
Now that's some very useful info I can use as well. Thanks for your input,

Geoff.

Back