Which Engine

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the response, Im wanting a motor for casual cruising nites butt still want the power to show off if you know what I mean and definitely on some what of budget that don't cost me divorce
With that in mind, a 351C will certainly fit the bill and look more correct for your car. I have personally never seen a 351W that was factory installed, and I don't know for certain if they every were factory installed. 351C's make very good power even in stock form and definitely look cool with merely adding a good set of valve covers.

Thanks for the response, Im wanting a motor for casual cruising nites butt still want the power to show off if you know what I mean and definitely on some what of budget that don't cost me divorce, humm, might could afford more for the car if I didn't have so much woman stuff to buy!

Another question, the 351 Cleveland was produced from 69-74 right, how come I see so many different year model trucks and cars for sale that claim they have the 351 Cleveland?
Then put in a 460. Cheap, plentiful, and gobs of torque using a stock engine with a few simple mods.

Thanks for the response, Im wanting a motor for casual cruising nites butt still want the power to show off if you know what I mean and definitely on some what of budget that don't cost me divorce, humm, might could afford more for the car if I didn't have so much woman stuff to buy!

Another question, the 351 Cleveland was produced from 69-74 right, how come I see so many different year model trucks and cars for sale that claim they have the 351 Cleveland?
Then put in a 460. Cheap, plentiful, and gobs of torque using a stock engine with a few simple mods.
I second this. Its the engine I plan to put in when I finally ditch my 302.

I currently have a 73 with a Q code cleveland and a rusty 70 torino with a built 357 cleveland and it's definately a neat engine design that really fills the engine bay up for that big block look at a small block weight. The windsor would probably in stock vs stock form weigh like 25 lbs or so less and be just a taste more narrow .5 inch or so allowing a little more room for plug changes etc. There are definately more head gasket choices and header designs available for the 351W such as shorties for example. If you go with the cleveland the 2V heads may be a bit more responsive with tighter throttle response (@very low idle/off idle rpm's) around town for street driving than the 4V's, especially if you are using an automatic. Edlebrock also currently only make's the rpm air gap manifold for the 2v's unless you upgrade to the alloy heads.

Either one you choose you can't go wrong, both engines are great in their own ways!

Back