Which Lifter

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosdelacruz

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang MACH 1
Hey guys i have another question for you guys. i just got my custom grind cam finally that ive been waiting for a month now. i need to now buy some new lifters, the question is which one? Rhoads, Crower, Comp, etc. what lifters have u had luck with and not so much? im going to run adjustable valve train and plan on bracket racing this year, if that changes anything. thanks let me know what you guys think.

So you have a mechanical cam? i gotta learn how to use this site... i have looked at a number of lifters because i went with a custom grind Crower hydraulic roller. Crower is all made in USA as far as i know and kinda pricey. they didnt offer 351c hydraulic rollers at the time so i went with the retrofit tie bar Cranes. The lifter galley on a Cleveland requires some special considerations that you might not require. you didnt say which mill you are running but if you are racing you should take a look a Jesel as a starting point, and after you see the prices consider Crower. i believe Lunati sells Rhoads but gets some custom stuff made to their specs for their cams. i am undecided on the Cranes because my dyno guy thinks i could have a failing hydraulic lifter. i have not heard great praise for Comp.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had the same experiences with Comp Cams. I went with anti-pump ups for years (merely stiffer clips in the lifters as explained to me by them) and have yet to have a lifter or cam failure.

Back