which motor mounts would you recommend for 72 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baz70

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1, White
hi, i've seen some bad reviews (CJPP etc) on the motor mounts currently on the market. Given I'm in the UK I don't have the luxury of just whipping them back in the post. Was looking to place an order for parts and wanted to see where anyone had purchased motor mounts which were factory spec and didn't require any drilling or pulling out hair !! this is for a 351C. thanks.

I bought a set from NPD some time ago. They're still in the box marked "useless parts". Made in India. The supposedly flat mounting surfaces to the block are far from flat. I could put them in a press and straighten them, but why bother, what else is bad on them? They were cheap and that should have been my first clue. I put the original factory ones back in and still no problem with them after 6 years.

Yes, contact Don at OMS for sure. He'll steer you right.

Geoff.

What year is your car? 1971 & 1972 take the same mounts. 1973 is a different mount and is not being reproduced!! The 73 mounts are completely different and the two do not interchange without changing out the frame mounts.

EDIT. I see it is a 72 in the title.

You can get them off Rock Auto. That is where I got mine (I switched out the frame mounts so I could run the 71-72 mounts). They worked perfect. Don is also a good source as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks all... I'll take a look at Rockauto first. Don our paths will no doubt cross at some point :) CJ PP, what can i say, i eventually got what i ordered and you guys would swallow some if you knew how much i spent in total on my last order (shipping plus tax plus import duty plus handling fees) but their customer service is sooo slow....

thanks all... I'll take a look at Rockauto first. Don our paths will no doubt cross at some point  :) CJ PP, what can i say, i eventually got what i ordered and you guys would swallow some if you knew how much i spent in total on my last order (shipping plus tax plus import duty plus handling fees) but their customer service is sooo slow....
 ………….. and I thought it was bad enough shipping into Canada with a 36% + exchange rate on the dollar and (sometimes) 13% tax!!

I'll boo-hoo no more!

Geoff.

Latest posts

Back