Which to keep in YOUR OPINION!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code 4 speed
1973 Chevelle 454 SS
2005 Magnum RT
2008 Colorado
I value this forums opions on such as this so I'm going to throw this out on which car to build. Game 7, bottom of the ninth, tied score ,2 outs, winning runner on third, and batter looking at 3 balls 2 strike pitch.

Here are the 2 MARTI REPORTS. With the C6 car needing a entire front clip and the 4-speed car needing a entire drive train and interior. Between the 2, I can make 1. Tell me what you think.

rptMain_289.pdf2rptMain_863.pdf

Attachments

• rptMain_289.pdf
    378.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 2rptMain_863.pdf
    378.3 KB · Views: 35
I value this forums opions on such as this so I'm going to throw this out on which car to build. Game 7, bottom of the ninth, tied score ,2 outs, winning runner on third, and batter looking at 3 balls 2 strike pitch.

Here are the 2 MARTI REPORTS. With the C6 car needing a entire front clip and the 4-speed car needing a entire drive train and interior. Between the 2, I can make 1. Tell me what you think.
2nd one for me 4spd car But don't do the vinyl roof PLEASE

2nd one for me 4spd car But don't do the vinyl roof PLEASE
No vinyl in this mans future for sure.

If by "front clip" you're including inner fenders and frame rails, the 4 speed car is the easy choice. If it's just fenders, hood, etc., I'd stash one, rebuild the other, and then do the one you stashed, but then I tend to collect projects.

Steve

Not an option.

Had a Black 97 cougar 4.6 when I moved down to NC in 98 and it drove a fella at work CRAZY about the mud flaps on the car. Ever time he saw me it was "Man, that is one pretty car! When are you going to take those ugly flaps off." After a year of hearing it I finally told him he could take them off. "For about $15,000"

If I go the way I'm thinking. Use car 2 with Car 1 interior (black w/foldown)and rear end and color scheme, car 1, Metallic Green but black 2 tone. NO VINYL, The 70 block with 71 heads and 72 toploader and fully functional hood also off a 72. Total Frankenstein yet best of all of our worlds. Marti be damned but it sure will be fun. And I figure if someone wants to give me $15000. They can put mud flaps on it! Sound like a plan? :banana:::chili::

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah! at 186,000 pratically gave the car to a father/son for $400 in 05 when I got my Dodge. The father stopped 3 times before I had even thought of getting rid of it and said he had drove by my house all the time seeing how I took care of the car and let him know when I was ready. Told him I had to pull my strobe lights (EMT chaser car) and such out when I had the chance and I'd let him know. Shows up 2 weeks later with his son and says this is why he wants the car and the plans they have to rebuild the engine, do this do that. "How much?" Gave it to them on the spot. Tail flaps and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is interesting that the higher sequential numbered car 149575 was built before the 147432 car by two weeks being that both were retail ordered cars which meant they were priority cars since these cars were both sold as soon as they made it back to the dealer. There must have been a shortage at the factory for one of the optional items to hold up the 147432 car from being built. My guess it was the 3:50 T-Loc rear was out of stock.

"With the C6 car needing a entire front clip and the 4-speed car needing a entire drive train and interior."

Build the 4 speed car since it is minimal body work using the C-6 car's parts. Or build them both since both would be awesome Q-code cars.

4spd car, front clip replacement is a pretty long and commited operation on any car, not to mention a pain in the a$$ getting all the metal replaced absolutely perfectly. Go with the 4spd car, leave the vinyl roof off of it, not sure why they ever put them on fastbacks anyway, look good on coupes, but not sportsroofs. Put up some pics!

Back