WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpeg

Looks great buddy! I have just ordered Baer brakes for mine as well.. :D
These are 13" and they're pretty serious looking. Are yours 13's or did you go bigger? I know there is a 14 but I think it's s 4 piston calliper. Even bigger money.

Someone bought this kit years ago and then never took it out of the box for some reason. Very high quality stuff. The only reason the kit is in my hands is because the person who found and bought them chose to stay with 15" rims to make a Bullit clone instead of going to 17". I'm giving him my 11" brakes, my Torque thrusts off the Galaxie and some money. Everybody wins.

It looks really nice buddy, that are going to look killer, that's a nice kit! Well I went a little overboard and ordered 14" rotors with 6 pistons calipers front and rear, the kits are called Pro +.. It's so far one of my biggest investments, but I'm sure that it will look killer behind my wheels! :D

image.jpeg

Wow. Those are awesome. You'll be able to track the car very competitively. You can never have too much brake but you never want to have too little when your making big power. I never really looked to far into brakes because the large cost kinda held me back. These are an older version when your kit wasn't even available but they are so well made that new in the box I couldn't pass up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe yours bolt onto your disc brake spindle. These bolt onto a drum brake spindle but luckily I have a set of those.

Yes they are nice, I cant wait to get them home and get them mounted. I just need to get the car ready now for the brakes and all the suspension parts. You are right you cant have enought brakes, it just need to work!

And I understand you, it's a lot of money, damn! But the guy I ordered from gave me around 700$ in discounts on the parts. I ordered a hydroboost kit from Hydratech too, I cant wait to try that! I got a free Remaster from Baer because I ordered a 4 wheel disc system, that's a mastercylinder that costs 400$ it self!!!

Yes the kit are for disc spindle but are available for drum spindles too. :)

If you are going to order some parts some time, then try Matt from Matts Classic Bowties! I have never got better service before, he is a really nice and helpfull guy and gives nice discounts! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top of the line items are always expensive and you don't always get what you pay for but Baer makes killer stuff. I'm sure you'll be seriously happy with the performance AND the appearance buddy. Lol, If they're giving away a $400 value and a discount of $700 I'm afraid to know the total cost. In my case I have too much money invested in the direction of the body kit design and moulds before I even made any parts. I had to pull back on the brakes and supper serious suspension since I never planned on tracking the car in the first place. Just a street beast. The 68 is a far lighter car at 2900 lbs. with a race engine and more track ready but it will need a brake upgrade and steering box before I do a few laps.

Yeah that is really nice brakesystems they make buddy!! I'm deffently sure too, that are going to look so nice behind my wheels.. Oh I think I might told it wrong, the mastercylinder are a part of the 700$ discount with that said that I dont need to spend money on that too, if that makes sense buddy.. Yeah the brakesystem and tinman subframeconnectors and safetyloop is a 5647$ investment + the freight, taxes and duties I also will have to pay. It's a little bit crazy to spend that kind of money on brakes, but I keep saying to my self that I want to build the car the right way the first time and not do it twice!! :)

Yes I can imagine that you have spend a lot of money on your body panels, so I do understand why you are going that way you are with the suspension and brakes! It is going to be a killer car anyway with that insane body and killer stance! :D

image.jpegWell, I'm in the mood to create an emblem for the center of the grill. I'd like to give the body kit an identity. I wouldn't mind some honest feedback on the warrior horse or the bearded skull or suggestions. The reason for the name VILAN, if you were wondering, is VILardo ANgelo my name. My Buisness is called ANVIL TEXTURES INC. but there is already an ANVIL in the world of mustangs so VILAN it is. I wouldn't take anything anyone says as offensive. It's all opinion and ultimately I have time before I need t commit to anything so fire away. Thx.

image.pngI think that in order for this to have a chance to look right I need to stick more to the original mustang colours like behind the running horse. I will do up a version and post it soon.

Lol. You guys are too nice. Should I get the ball rolling. Ok my buddy tells me the horse looks like a dragon that just left the hair salon. My brother in law said I'm too old to use a scull and that the beard looks more like tribal necklace. And once I finished messing with these colours and posted it, I noticed that yellow and red in the horses mane area looks a little like an Egyptian figure. That's why I thought I should stick to red white and blue. I'm not ready to give up on the horse just yet but it's hard to make a majestic beautiful animal look tuff. Throw out some opinions. Good or bad lol. It will help me hone in on a better design.

Well, I'm in the mood to create an emblem for the center of the grill. I'd like to give the body kit an identity. I wouldn't mind some honest feedback on the warrior horse or the bearded skull or suggestions. The reason for the name VILAN, if you were wondering, is VILardo ANgelo my name. My Buisness is called ANVIL TEXTURES INC. but there is already an ANVIL in the world of mustangs so VILAN it is. I wouldn't take anything anyone says as offensive. It's all opinion and ultimately I have time before I need t commit to anything so fire away. Thx.

I like the name mate nice play on your names

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I'm in the mood to create an emblem for the center of the grill. I'd like to give the body kit an identity. I wouldn't mind some honest feedback on the warrior horse or the bearded skull or suggestions. The reason for the name VILAN, if you were wondering, is VILardo ANgelo my name. My Buisness is called ANVIL TEXTURES INC. but there is already an ANVIL in the world of mustangs so VILAN it is. I wouldn't take anything anyone says as offensive. It's all opinion and ultimately I have time before I need t commit to anything so fire away. Thx.

I like the name mate nice play on your names

10691cf5ff2868dce0c2d7cedbd26c42.jpg

I quite like the Nissan Stagea badge.

Huh. Never saw that. It's going to be hard to be unique but I have lots of time to figure something out.

Huh. Never saw that. It's going to be hard to be unique but I have lots of time to figure something out.

6b85f00b285b68498f9587a852d6e5d1.jpg

This is the actual badge on the car

6b85f00b285b68498f9587a852d6e5d1.jpg

This is the actual badge on the car

Japanese only delivered car. Wagon with a Nissan skyline motor. You can also change the front clip to look just like an r34 skyline I believe.

Back