WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pushed it outside. Still working on laying out the stripes. Car looks very different when you can stand farther away from it and see the overall shapes. Getting close with the final lay out. I'm planning on getting these quarters mended on finally by the end of August. Goal is paint before Christmas. Definitely needs to be cooler in my shop. There is no way I'm wearing a protective coverall in this heat and I can't bodywork in shorts and a t-shirt. With the work I do daily I'd say my health is already stressed and working with fibreglass filler doesn't help. In the mean time mechanical will get whatever time I can give. I chose to ditch the air because of the difficulty in holding an idle with the fuel injection system without spending another bunch of money on a module to handle the sudden draw, dropping the idle. It becomes erratic or shuts off. I figure I wouldn't use it enough to be worth the time, money and effort. Still going to use the March system though.

Epic mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being outside give a better perspective, I always loved the c stripe on the 68s .like you have on post #513. Across the hood looks good too. I like the Villan across the back. Too bad we have to choose just one or build a whole other car, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being outside give a better perspective, I always loved the c stripe on the 68s .like you have on post #513. Across the hood looks good too. I like the Villan across the back. Too bad we have to choose just one or build a whole other car, lol.
Oh I changed it up in front and on the hood. Turned out far better than over the nose. Exactly the look I'm after but I have to leave something of a surprise for the completed look. I figure the final paint/ decal layout needs to be unveiled in one series of shots. Oh and the final emblem which is completely different than my original idea

I agree , I'll look forward to it. I've not revealed much of my paint & stripe scheme I have planned, like you say a dramatic finish.

image.jpegHi all. Just sharing some cool news. Im looking to sell my 68 coupe that I built 10 yrs ago to get into something of a bucket list car of mine. It finally came to be by fluke.

Last edited by a moderator:
image.pngNot the sale of the car, yet, but landing this car

image.pngIt appears in going to be busy this winter because I ordered the LeMans hard top for it and taking it to this level of build PLUS the 71 build. I figure you can survive your daily problems or you can choose your "problems" and enjoy them. If you can call it a problem lol

It appears in going to be busy this winter because I ordered the LeMans hard top for it and taking it to this level of build PLUS the 71 build. I figure you can survive your daily problems or you can choose your "problems" and enjoy them. If you can call it a problem lol
I'm so jealous!

Hey Angelo, I was just thinking, do you have a 4" chop version of your wide body kit ? How cool would that be ? I hope you don't loose interest in your mustang lusting over that Cobra. Lol good luck and enjoy that.

Hey Angelo, I was just thinking, do you have a 4" chop version of your wide body kit ? How cool would that be ? I hope you don't loose interest in your mustang lusting over that Cobra. Lol good luck and enjoy that.
Could you imagine the rear of your car 6" wider. Wow. It wouldn't need a chop because you shortened the front and not the back right? It would actually add a few inches to the back but I don't know about your trunk. Crazy. It my steal some time but not passion. Thx buddy.

Could you imagine the rear of your car 6" wider. Wow. It wouldn't need a chop because you shortened the front and not the back right? It would actually add a few inches to the back but I don't know about your trunk. Crazy. It my steal some time but not passion. Thx buddy.
I eliminated the back pot metal pieces and the trunk panel is gone, but I did section 4" out of the whole body so your panels would have to be sectioned out of the middle. Would be very cool.

I think you'd scare other cars off the road lol. Can you imagine a car having the appearance of being as wide as it is long. 78" across the back. Regardless, I think ford would say "this is the mustang we should have built when your done. Yours would be the car someone would risk getting a speeding ticket to catch up to on the highway, to get a better look!

Lmao,? that would be sweet. I can envision it in my head . Not just wide flairs but a wide car period . Awesome, the meat I could put on it , like MT or something

IMG_8182.JPGHi all. I've been messing around a bunch with the Cobra since I got it hopping to have my mods done before December. Come mid December I'm gonna go full tilt on the body of the 71 and make some real progress after months of just starring at the car. Anyhow I at least hammered out the front appearance Hope you like it. I wasn't going to show it till the car was done but I figured I'd put my spin out there and see if anyone has any feedback.

Latest posts

Back