WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpegBTW I'm not painting the car white. It's just easier to see lines when it's not like this.

I think I'm definitely diggin' this more than the Pegasus. ::thumb::

I love the side scoops... not sure about the front end as a whole, but seeing it more and more is growing on me. I'm sure once it's all together how you see it in your mind, it's gonna be awesome!

:bravo:

The top of the GT 500 stripe is below the apex of the fender opening. Your rendering, has the stripe above, which makes the break in the stripe distracting. (to me) You know i'm a fan of your work, so I'm sure you won't take offense. Just seems like your stripe, in it's current location (height ) could/should continue through uninterrupted. Otherwise, it looks killer.

I agree with you about the choice of stripe, as it looks great with your side scoop. Put some color, whatever color you end up with, in the side scoop, so it doesn't disappear in the black.

Last edited by a moderator:
image.pngI get exactly what your saying. I may need to get it to the stock location to make it work. I'd hate to run just the pin stripe over the flare. Don't think that I would look right. Thanks for the eye.

I like it, really nice idea buddy.. It really gives the side scoop that attention that it deserves, it's different, it's cool, it's nice and it's never seen before! Go for it!! :)
Thanks. I have a friend who can make precisely measured graphics for me and I'm sure when I have all the thicknesses and positioning figured out it will look like it should be there.

I love the side scoops... not sure about the front end as a whole, but seeing it more and more is growing on me. I'm sure once it's all together how you see it in your mind, it's gonna be awesome!

Wow, being compared to that serious ride is a large compliment. Thx.

I like it, really nice idea buddy.. It really gives the side scoop that attention that it deserves, it's different, it's cool, it's nice and it's never seen before! Go for it!! :)
Thanks. I have a friend who can make precisely measured graphics for me and I'm sure when I have all the thicknesses and positioning figured out it will look like it should be there.
Sounds nice! So you are not painting any of the graphics on the car? :)

Nothing going on the nasa hood. The shaker hood probably will have stripes. If I go yellow with black stripes they will be satin black vinyl. If I go with Acapolco blue then it will have white stripes but gloss so probably painted on. Still to early to commit to a colour because I bounce around so much but those two combos are the contenders I think

Wow, being compared to that serious ride is a large compliment. Thx.
Well, why not? You're doing quality work, and it's a major custom job along the same lines as Pegasus... except, that I just happen to agree with the things you're doing more than what they did. I call it how I see it. ::thumb::

Some of the things that turned me off on Pegasus:

• rear window treatment - yeah, it was neat, but SO not for our cars
  • late-model Mustang headlight/signal lights grafted into the custom grille - SO does not look right on that car
  • taillights - they took one of the weakest design cues from our model years and made them so much worse
  • the dashboard just sucks

I think about the only thing I might like about the Pegasus better than yours would be the front valance under the bumper - but, in all fairness yours isn't done yet so it's not right to judge at this point. :cool:

That's funny Eric. I feel a great deal of respect for the Pegasus build as well but those are the same styling que's that I'm not too sure about. To add to that I really would have rather seen the car with no stripes rather than the graphic that was chosen and I love well placed racing stripes original or custom. I just feel that just because you can put them any place you like doesn't mean they will work. It's really a huge task bringing out the lines of a car. In my eye, even the more muted colour of the stripes do nothing to lessen the amount of attention they take over all the great metal work. Still, love the car.

I am really enjoying the direction of your build too. I think it is looking "tastefully awesome"!

Did you notice that the stripe you are proposing looks alot like the 69 Boss 302 turned 180 degrees? The wide stripe on top with the transition at the back instead of the front on the fender. I like what you are doing but wonder if the transition area at the scoop is a little heavy? Maybe take a cue from that Boss stripe and break it up similarly? Just my two cents worth. ::thumb::

I am really enjoying the direction of your build too. I think it is looking "tastefully awesome"!

Did you notice that the stripe you are proposing looks alot like the 69 Boss 302 turned 180 degrees? The wide stripe on top with the transition at the back instead of the front on the fender. I like what you are doing but wonder if the transition area at the scoop is a little heavy? Maybe take a cue from that Boss stripe and break it up similarly? Just my two cents worth. ::thumb::
Thanks. Actually page 50 has the 3 cars I took inspiration from. I'm just not sure what call out I'd write in there. Not BOSS 302. Maybe MACH 347 or MACH I ? Suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
image.jpegThere is also the 73 stripe but I find it a bit low and thick but I'm not opposed to a single line. Opinions welcome.

Personally I like the direction you are going.

How about Mach 1.1 for the decal? A Mach 1 taken to the next level! Can't really go Mach 2 because of that mid-engine prototype of 67. Well, you could anyway. You could even just use the prancing horse. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Personally I like the direction you are going.

How about Mach 1.1 for the decal? A Mach 1 taken to the next level! Can't really go Mach 2 because of that mid-engine prototype of 67. Well, you could anyway. You could even just use the prancing horse. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
The body kit will actually have a name and logo. I'm having a talented and creative friend Marco CNC two emblems for me. One for the center grill and one interrupting the stripe on the trunk on the passenger side. I may just write the name I've chosen but in BOSS lettering in the side scoop area. It will probably work just fine because the same name on the emblems will be small enough that it won't appear that I'm overusing the name all over the car. I gave Marco my rendering and he will be modifying it to both simplify it to work on a small scale, such as an emblem, and to make it feel as "LEMANS" racing as posdible in its layout and colour selection. I'm excited to give the car an identity.

I vote the C stripe. Makes the back end of the car look big and wide.
Exactly buddy. The wider the better.

image.pngChange of plans on the brakes. Once again my cousin Tony comes through for me and scored new in the box these 13" front 12" rear Baer brakes. Comes with the master, the hubs braided lines etc... They are two piston but an improvement over stock is great since stock worked well.

Back