WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
luxstang pid='297401' dateline='1493839960']Wow' date=' you're definitely not taking any shortcuts, are you? :)[/quote']
If i dont know better then it is what it is but if I know it could be better and I can learn something new in the process then....

Just did the epoxy pour. And now we wait.

IMG_0175.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0189.JPGOut of the rubber mould. Super slow cure time. Produces no heat to speak of vs the epoxies I'm used to working with. Once they kick off you can't touch them. Instead this is a full 48 hour cure and then some. However, once primed and paint black we have a winner. Very pleased with the result.

IMG_0230.PNGWell, this is the final product. I'm very happy with the results. It achieved what I was after. It still says 71-73 at a glance but drastically different at the same time. As with the whole build, I'm trying to morph or evolve the look of the original design vs replacing things with something you wouldn't have expected on a 71-73 mustang. That's a different kind of design/build. It's the main reason I didn't put in the Cougar tail lights. So rather than bounce between the two styles of modifications I'm trying to stay true to tweaking vs changing. Although I'd love a clear bubble hood scoop with 8 stacks popping their heads out. Lol.

IMG_0232.PNGThis is Marco. The man that's letting me take this build to a new level. If it weren't for his CNC talents and design input I'd be without a collaborator or the means to achieve one off parts with any finesse.

first time posting .... Thanks for all the compliments Angelo, looking forward to making this one of a kind pony a star! there's still a lot of or to be done but it's been a blast working with you. i like firetrucks!!!???

Thanks guys. Great praise coming from people I regard with high respect. It's truly not as much fun doing these projects until it can be shared. Especially with like minded people.

Might I add, there sure is a lot of time and energy spent on trying to modify these 71-73 tail lights, lol. Used to be , when I was younger, everybody put either 65 mustang tail lights or later, vega tail lights in all custom cars. Lol I guess I'm talking old school here, anyone else remember that?

I kinda remember that. Not meant to be a poke but I was still ridding my bike and playing cops and robbers.

I kinda remember that. Not meant to be a poke but I was still ridding my bike and playing cops and robbers.
Hahaha, I'm no poke, I remember before that, putting 39 ford and 51 Pontiac. Tail lights in custom cars too. Wow I even tried the ponts which I actually have a couple , in the stang.

Back