WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't want you to spoil the final assembly or colour, enjoying each new episode of your very impressive progress!

For now, I'm wondering what's the plan for the openings (door/quarters)... some extension/scoop added that will link the bottom door line to the shape? Some graphics added in the last 2 inches under it?

For the exhaust, some wide aluminum rectangular pipes???

Don't answer! I'm just very curious and will have to wait next episode to be wowed once more :))

Colour is set but I’m still working on stripe layout. It will be a while for exhaust tips. Priority one is to get it painted and then cut polished and ceramic coated a month later. Stripes after all that. Next purchase will be AC likely from Classic air and the March pulley system to go with it all. Then I can finish the interior completely. Thanks for the compliments and insight

Orange 71 I mentioned. Highly modified and Hugh quality craftsmanship 60BDC043-40EA-41C3-91D1-55F0255765C0.png

Wow! On the first pic I didn't even recognize that as a 71!

And your design is much better. There are many things on that orange one that don't look right proportion wise.

holy crap I thought this thread was years old with 81 pages but only 6 days???????????????? That body my friend is almost sacreligious.............and friggin gorgeous! Keep that pony goin the exact path you see!!!!!! I cant wait to see the pics in color with whatever stripes ........or possibly not........that you decide.

Ya when I saw the car at the show I was really impressed with the attention to detail and the quality of build. I have to say that there are some things that are very cool like the engine and interior but a few designs ques that are not my personal taste. Either way I can’t go orange. Also my 68 is red so that s out and the Cobra is green so that’s out. As far as my vision for the build is concerned I am so happy that the team of people that have made great efforts to help me with this build are the reason it’s coming together as I saw it in my head. As well as making it even better with their input and suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
F6952F24-F5A8-45CA-ACEA-A9E4DE8008FB.pngHey Ray. I like white but I want the car to stand on its own. How’s your beast coming along?

1044249F-762C-4626-9FFF-7051188478D3.jpegSo far, finished heavily modified 71-73 builds are PEGASUS MACH FOOSE and STELLETO. I am looking forward to PYTHON bring in the mix.

Hey Angelo, my build hasn't been touched in months. I was tending to a very special friends needs who secummed to cancer at the end of October. I have lots of parts that I ordered during that time . I'm trying to catch up on my life them attack my project with zest. I hope very soon. Seams like we've all taken a break lately. Like you , I'm trying to recruit some help . I ended up hurting myself from continuous block sanding, lol, one of the benefits of getting older. I hope to make considerable progress beginning around the first of February . Believe me, I wanna get back on it asap. I'm still trying to decide between grabber blue and school bus yellow. I want to add Mustera to that list of yours.

Ray, I’m so sorry you lost your friend. These car builds serve to help us do many things. Hopefully in your case it allows you to escape the pain for a while or include spending time with other friends and reminisce. We all have a car to get around in so it’s not that the reason you took it on. Either way I hope your well and you have something for us to see soon buddy. It will be big on the list man. We need to shake it up!!

45F87C3E-6AAE-4422-8CCB-4F98072FAADC.jpegI never saw this one when I made the list of what I thought were redesigns. This is the 73 ELENORE BEAST. Thoughts?

If I haven’t made it heard on this site, my friends that know me know that I cannot handle any skirts on any classic muscle car. So basically I’m not a fan of the front spoiler reaching the flares and the skirts. I also have a problem with the two tone. It’s rarely done well enough to be worth the effort. I find that the way it cuts up a car can hurt more than help. I think there is work done to this car that is cool and is overpowered by the paint scheme. I know everyone has their own personal taste and mine don’t jive well with this build. They obviously do with the owner and I’m glad for that.

I would tend to agree wide, I looked at the pictures and couldn't put my finger on any one thing, everything seems off with that one, and it all adds up together to be an odd design. Almost feels like he really wanted an 05 Shelby but happened to have a 71-73 lying around and said close enough.

There’s this one too
e4ec7475eed977c1a0ef83fe65562e7b.jpg

Evan Longoria the baseball player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh ya. Longoria’s was professionally built in a speed shop. Cool but too many stick on’s. The more I see the more I’m thinking 71-3 mustangs were one of those designs that were made to be left natural. Really unique. or maybe changes that are close to original looking? Another such car is the Bandit Trans Am. This difficult challenge is the reason that had me buying this mustang in the first place.

stick on's or not I'll give it to the grey mach, its sexy everything wrong with the gt striped car that resembles a 5.0 is right on the longoria car as far as shapes and feel. If you look at the gt car it gives the impression of a sled, like a snow sled, the longoria car is more like a rocket and that's really kinda the evocation of muscle car, nothing to full bore leaving the atmosphere at mach speeds. Wide you're on the right track, what you're doing is attracting interest from everyone here that loves the lines of the classic 71-73. Modification is ok, so long as its done in a way that makes it that much better instead of clunky or obese. Even the original design was flawed as it never really sat like it should and every original mach left you gasping as you crested the slightest hill that you would be off your lane and not see the car that would literally hit you under your bumper.

Lol. And it was the best handling mustang from 64-73. I have to really agree with the stance comments. I was torn between the build that I’m doing and the Pro Mod life look. I think the 71-3 looks right at home with nose tucked and rear stuffed with serious meat. Plus a cool 70’s paint job. So HOTWHEELS

I totally feel you, after a lot of measuring and lookin at other setups I changed my tires from the vendor recommended  225/60/15 245/6015 to a real tire setup for these cars. 205/60/15 and 275/60/15 why, not because I wanna be gaudy or aggressive but that is WHAT THE CAR NEEDS to look right, well and some modified suspension.  These are MUSCLE cars, modified or not , fat arse or no, they should be aggressive with the idea that power is delivered to the rear wheel. Noone needs to take a 70mph 45 degree turn in a classic stang and it doesn't need to be resdesigned to do so. If that's what you wanna do there are old Porsche, Mercedes, even Ferrari models at the same price point after the build. You could even go with some of the MG or triumph models for that but its not what these cars evoke. They are power bullets made in Detroit to feel like power and weight before fuel economy was an issue. Looking like what it really was built to be is what makes people snap their necks to get a good look across a highway because few things today have the same attitude.

Latest posts

Back